Ch6: The Awakening Pt 2

While Ivy, Zack, Carmela and Carmen were at dinner downstairs, meanwhile, upstairs...

June Sandiego began to slowly open her little blue eyes.

When she opened her eyes, she realized that she was in her room.

June then began to look around.

Where was Ivy, Zack, her mother Carmela and her sister Carmen...?

.......................................................................................................

Ivy, Zack, Carmela and Carmen were downstairs, in the dining room eating.

"Mmmm. These are really good, Mrs. Sandiego!" Zack said as he was eating.

Ivy sighed and placed her fork down.

Carmela smiled.

"I'm glad that you like my famous enchiladas, Zack. How about you, Ivy? Do you like them?" She said, looking from Zack to Ivy.

Ivy, startled a little bit, looked up at her.

"Huh? Oh. I really do like your enchiladas, Mrs. Sandiego. I really do. Also, I taste some Indian spices in your enchiladas. What kind of spices did you use?" She said, curious to know.

Carmen then placed her fork down.

"Mother, have you been traveling to places again such as India?" She asked, also wanting to know.

"Only by the C5 Corridor." Carmela said, in an explanation.

Ivy and Zack were surprised.

"You've been to India, Mrs. Sandiego?" Zack said, wanting to know.

"Yes I have. India's the perfect place to get the spices that I need." Carmela said, remembering the last trip to India.

"We've been to India too, Mrs. Sandiego. We even landed in a boat that had many spices in it." Ivy said, remembering when Carmen's henchmen got a hold of the Taj Mahal's roof and her and Zack had to jump off because they thought that the henchmen were going to capture them but, they were just wanting to give the sibling sleuths a clue.

Carmen chuckled.

She loved how Ivy remembered the old times.

"So, Mother... What Indian spices did you happen to put in the enchiladas?" Carmen asked, curiously.

"Coriander and Cumin." Carmela said, remembering.

..........................................................................................................

June uncovered herself and realized that not only was she wearing wires on her chest but, she was also wearing a nightgown and a diaper.

She knew that she had to get out of there and fast.

She looked down at the wires that were on her chest.

This is going to hurt... June said to herself as she now yanked the wires from her chest.

She cried out, in pain.

........................................................................................................

Meanwhile...

Ivy, Zack, Carmen and Carmela were having a fun time when they had begun to hear a loud cry.

"It's June." Carmela said, in realization.

"I'll get her, Mother. You stay here." Carmen said as she got up from the kitchen table.

Ivy and Zack looked at each other, concerned.

What was Carmen up to...?