39. The wedding of the century (it was Gryffindor's)

Lupin couldn't remember the last time he had worn a suit, however, when he saw himself in front of the mirror in the two-piece suit, he wished that every day of his life, he had some important event that required him to wear formal attire.

"Look at you, Moony" Sirius exclaimed, opening the doorway, his tie undone, and he spoke as he adjusted his cuff links in the sleeves of his shirt, "You hardly look like a werewolf."

Through the reflection of the mirror, he could watch the movements of Sirius, who approached him, placed his hand on his waist, leaning in to press a kiss to his freshly shaved cheek.

"I could ask Mary to cast that spell on me to hide the scars" Remus mentioned, brushing his forefinger against a long mark across his neck.

"Don't do that, I like your scars."

He rolled his eyes and let Sirius comb through his dark hair with some gel. When he was done, he gave him a half smile and pulled out the new leather jacket he had bought, just for that occasion; it was a navy-blue color and had a patch on it that read; "I am the Fiancé's lover."

"Come on, we should get going" Sirius commented "James wouldn't forgive me if I was late."

"Hurry up, Sirius," Remus teased, brushing his hair "I was supposed to see Lily before the ceremony."

Sirius mentally prepared himself for the wedding, practicing how he should walk down the aisle so as not to trip, drinking some Champagne served for the guests to wait; Remus, for his part, knocked five times before being greeted by Euphemia, Mary, Marlene, and Dorcas who, all equally beautiful, were finishing getting ready for the wedding.

The star, though, was undoubtedly Lily. In her white mermaid dress with an opening that showed her right leg, her red hair stood out with notoriety, her figure was accentuated to perfection, they still hadn't even put her veil or the infinite tail, but even so, Remus could say that he had never seen such a beautiful woman (and that his mother used to dress up from time to time to go out with Lyall).

"I came for your request" said Remus with a smile "here are the flowers, and I just wanted to make sure... are you sure you want to continue with this?"

Euphemia Potter, gave him a nod with a huge smile; even though it was James' wedding, her only son, she was willing to embarrass him if it meant a little laughter in this bitter atmosphere that, lately, was being lived.

"I can't imagine myself with anyone else but you, Remus," Lily assured him, placing a delicate flower in the pocket of his suit, "you're my best friend, and it's time to get back at James for all the embarrassments he put us through, isn't it?"

They smiled mischievously and nodded. The chimes began to ring, Lily hugged each of her bridesmaids, her mother-in-law and clung to Remus' arm.

All the guests entered, there were about fifty of them, were the entire Order of the Phoenix headquarters (Longbottom, Weasley, Tonks, etc.), Albus Dumbledore himself accompanied by Professor McGonagall and several of his Hogwarts classmates. Euphemia slipped inside the chapel and sat down next to her husband, motioning for him to be quiet; she was the one who was supposed to walk with James down the aisle.

Everyone began to grow impatient. Sirius gave James a disconcerted look, but they couldn't go inside and start yelling for Euphemia either. Remus came in pretending to be oblivious.

"Lily's outside, where's your mom, James?"

"How should I know?" he replied agitated. Despite looking amazing in her outfit, no one compared to Lily. She was the most beautiful person in the whole place, even over the groom "Damn!"

"Let's keep calm" Remus reassured, "Sirius is escorting James."

"But that's for a WOMAN to do! I'm even taller than James!" He clarified, "Besides, I was going to escort Lily!"

"You're the best man, while you go in with James. I'll go get Mr. Potter, and he'll escort Lily, understand?"

They bit their lips, facing the closed door, as they assumed their fate and tried to swallow their embarrassment. If they were going to do that, it had to be with all the paper. James stepped to the right, grabbing Sirius' arm, at the same time as Sirius proudly displayed his patch; both with very flushed cheeks.

They walked in, leaving the audience confused. James tried to look cheerful, but the embarrassment became even more when his friends from school started laughing their heads off at the scene. Once Sirius left James at the altar, and they saw James' parents in the front row, they realized that they had just played a prank on him on his wedding day!

The bells rang again, and everyone turned to look at the bride, who walked somewhat shakily down the aisle, sheathed in her gorgeous white gown, and hidden in her large veil. Remus left her at the altar, holding back his laughter.

Before the ceremony began, James placed his hands under the veil, noticing Lily very shaky, he took a deep breath, ready to appreciate his girl.

But he was clearly disappointed when, in front of his eyes, Peter was blushing in his role, Remus had never laughed so much, especially because James, unable to stand the embarrassment, squatted on the floor, his face burning and covering his eyes. Sirius laughed too, because at the end of the day; Peter was the one wearing that dress, which had been tightened at the breasts with a couple of fake fillings.

The show was just beginning, after all the laughter, Remus pulled out his wand and turned off the lights in the hall, the guests turned around confused when a spotlight appeared pointing at the door.

A girl of about ten years old, dressed in white, appeared scattering rose petals as her hair changed shades. Mary and Dorcas assisted her at her side, one conjuring an incantation so that, at each guest's station, a Lilium bloomed momentarily, while the other made various flourishes and ended in an intense, delicious aroma that flooded the senses of her spectators.

The music played loudly again: James stood up, feeling Peter walk down the aisle, leaving him alone. Two spotlights pointed at the real Lily, who entered, veil raised because she didn't need to hide her beauty, with the real bouquet of flowers (white lilies, red roses and white peonies), her tail being held by Marlene and as she walked little sparkles were coming out of the soles of her heels. She approached quietly, enjoying the attention, especially from James, who gawked and wiped his eyes and put his glasses back on to get a perfect view of his fiancée.

The lights came back on. Lupin's eyes widened, seeing both James and Sirius' parents crying with pride, happiness, and unattainable hope.

"I... I don't know what to say," James declared, almost intimidated by Lily and her godlike presence, "Are you real? Are you sure about that?"

"Come on, Potter, just remember to say, "I accept" at the right time, and we'll be fine" Lily replied, feeling James' hand want to take hers "We'd better get on with the ceremony, we've already kept the guests waiting too long."

『 °*- ღ -*°』

39/46