7

Hᴀʀʟᴏ's POV

It's a Wednesday. Carter is crashed and hungover on my couch, Ricky's taking his usual morning smoke, Mili's reading a novel, and Skylar and Allegra are making breakfast. And then there leaves me.

I'm nervous, I've been having this anxiety in me for the past couple of days. I know exactly what it is. I don't know why I feel this way, but I know I have to shake it. I'm not focused.

I take a shower in hopes that it might clear my mind; it doesn't

I take a shower in hopes that it might clear my mind; it doesn't. I do my skincare...Which I will add is very very important. Take care of your skin ladies and gents! I whiff the odor of syrup and mint, the mint's probably my face cream. It stinks not gonna lie, my mouth watering because my kitchen smells amazing and I think to myself: Nobody's up. Are we awake physically? Yes but no one is prepared to step into the station today. So, we're not going to work on time today or not at all, I'd guess probably not at all. As I'm scrubbing my face, I see Mili in the doorway, she's almost like a silhouette for a brief moment. Still in her black dress, but this time she added a tan sweater which I have no idea where she got that from, but it makes her outfit a bit nicer.
She smiles. Shifting her head, a little as if she's waiting for me to speak. So I do. "My father always told me it's rude to stare Ms. Michaels-" I began as I dampened my wet face and turned towards her, my hands on my hips. "Where are your manners?" She places her hands on her hips; mimicking me, "Your father always told you you were gonna be a construction worker, where is all your upper body strength?" Her voice is soft and sweet, and she enters the bathroom and my eyes don't move from her as she walks by me.

"Umm, I'll have you know I have plenty of upper arm strength okay girlfriend." I reply a bit sassy in my tone, I scratch the center of my back and my muscles tighten slightly in my arms, in the mirror it's a perfect angle of my inner bicep tattoo, it reads "I suffered, I learned, I changed" Mili giggles a little, "Showing off I see?" I smirk at her, "You try." I suggest, and she flexes her arms knowing that they can't compare to the size of mine. We both laugh, "Okay now leave I need to use the restroom and you have to go to the market with Skylar, Allegra's orders!" Mili quickly pushes me out the bathroom and slams the door, I turn back. "But wait I left my shirt in th-"

She quickly opens the door and throws the shirt at me and shuts it viciously once more. Gotta love Mili.
I'm in the hallway as I begin to enter my kitchen and living room, Skylar catches my gaze and steps from behind my marble brown island to come up to me. Carter's still on my sofa groaning and complaining about his head. I put on my shirt and once it's finally on me Skylar's in standing right in front of me, "Ready to go?" His mood had an almost instant change. When he was talking with my sister he was happy and smiling but it's like with me he's forced to tolerate me. I thought we were cool, we seemed to have a fine conversation on the case yesterday. Allegra calls him back over to get her grocery list and then we head out in my car.