1

"The world is filled with mysteries." My father told me when I was young.

I never believed in 'mysteries' though, they're just lies or unanswered questions so that you don't find out the actual truth.

Because when you do?
Well... It'll be a pill you can't swallow.

I'm Allegra Baker; mostly known for my blue hair and being a trainwreck of a rehab kid.

I'm a twenty-two-year-old recovering addict, I started using when I was about eighteen.
Around the time my mother died.

Me and my brother Harley, better known as Harlo are half-siblings, we both have different mothers but that didn't deprive us of having an incredible bond.
When we were younger we lived with our mothers, but we would mostly hang out at my house at the time. After their deaths we began to live at our father's house. You can probably imagine how non-pleasant that was for us at the beginning.

Trenten Baker; probably the third richest businessman in California and the richest man in Malibu.

Our father let's say was never very present in our childhood... or even our early adulthood.
He didn't stop by our mothers' funerals, me and my brothers'  high school or academy graduation, or even half of my birthday parties... I guess when you're successful? Everything else doesn't become a priority.

So.. growing up; it was always Me, Harlo, and our squad. And trust me..we had a lot of time on our hands. Then, I and my friends came together on one warm autumn night and decided.. to find the person responsible for the murder of our moms.

They told me and Harlo that it was just some hitchhike gone wrong, so they just ruled their cases as a mystery

They told me and Harlo that it was just some hitchhike gone wrong, so they just ruled their cases as a mystery. And I for one, was not having it.
There were too many things that didn't add up, no stolen items, a full tank of gas, and multiple stab wounds on different parts of their bodies. But I knew I wouldn't get any answers from the police, nor my father.

So if you wanna get some done? You do it yourself.
At the age of nineteen and twenty-one, me and my brother became detectives for the LAPD. And our friends? Well, they also put their knowledge to good use. They became our research and backup team, all parts of our operations if necessary.
So now you're pretty much up to speed. Let's set a time in the current present.

I'm sitting in my room laying under the sheets in my bed reading my favorite novel "One of Us is Lying".
I hear a patterned knock at my door letting me know, it's Harlo.

"Room Service." He says in a voice that's a little deeper than his actual voice. I ruffle myself out the bed, "We don't get room service in this house, you moron." I get up and open the door to see my brother and Skylar, leaning on the door frame with greasy drive-thru bags and drinks held on by a cardboard carrier. "Ya do now," Harlo says as he without any hesitation makes his way into my room, plopping himself on my bed.