3

S1EP3

October, Park 20 minutes from the Compound, Present Day (Saturday)

Tw: mentions of §ûįčïđə and infertility 

*You peer up at the woman who just asked if you were ok. Her bright red hair flicks softly in the breeze, her unwavering gaze of concern set on you. She must've heard your incessant sobs. In between blurs of tears, you realize that she's the woman from the store. She walks around the bench while looking around the park.*

N: *smiles, lowers her voice as not to frighten you further* My name's Natasha…can you tell me your name? *You violently shake your head, squeezing your stuffed animal.*

Y/n: *in between quick breaths* My *sniff* mommy says I *sniff* can't talk to strangers. *Nat nods, backing away a little.*

N: Your mommy is very smart. It's good that you listen to her. *Nat watches you as you shrink into yourself. Poor thing. She keeps looking around the park. No one is here except for you two. Nat tilts her head as she searches your eyes. You look up into her eyes, finding comfort in their soft, caring nature. She leans closer.*

N: I know you're not supposed to talk to me, and that's ok…but do you know where your parents are? *Her heart sinks as you shake your head. After a silent moment, Nat tries to earn your trust.*

N: Are you here alone?

Y/n: *sniff* Mommy and I were playing 'fore I washed my hands. I fink she's playing hide and seek.

N: Would you like me to help you look for your mom? 

Y/n: I looked *sniff*...She's good at hide and seek. *After a moment, Nat shifts in her seat, settling in.*

N: Well, if you want, I can stay here till your mommy comes out? Yeah? *Her heart swells as she sees relief pour from your eyes.*

Y/n: *wiping your eyes* She's just hiding. She hides real good. *You nod and add a muffled, scared, "Fank you." Nat lets you take the lead as to where this conversation should go. After a few minutes, you start rummaging through your backpack. You find one of the toys you picked out and take it from the bag. You try to take it from the packaging, but your little hands aren't quite strong enough. Nat gently takes it from your hands and unboxes the toy in one quick motion.*

Y/n: *amazed at how quickly she did that* Fank you. *She simply smiles and hands it back. You scoot a little closer to her, becoming more comfortable. All the while, Nat is trying to figure out the situation. Where's your mother? Why are you here alone? How can she help? Nat raises her gaze towards the sky. The sun is about to set. Not long before it will be dark…Suddenly, it hits her.*

N: *slightly urgent* Y/n, what color is your mommy's car? 

Y/n: *sniff* b-black *Her heart sinks into her stomach. The car that screeched out of here earlier was being driven by your mother. Your mother isn't here at all. She's gone. Why would she just leave you here? Where did she go? Nat's attention is turned toward you when you accidentally drop your toy.*

N: *Holding back tears* Hey, show me what you got today! Did you get some good stuff? *She smiles as you get somewhat distracted from the current situation. You pull out toys, one by one, explaining what they are as you lay them in Nat's lap. She just allows it to happen. It would look kind of funny and cute to a bystander, had they not known what just happened.*

Y/n: I got some puttyyyy, and a fidgety fiiiiiing, and this fiiing- *looking confused* A piece of paperrrrr?, and my teddyyyyyy, and some clothes! 

N: Wow, you got some real fun stuff going on here!