v. your attempt to get me in your bed

"BYE, GIGI, BYE MISS AMERIKA." xiomara waved goodbye to her two close friends, stepping out of erika's car.

"bye my favorite ghost friend." erika said, "damn, that really hurts to say."

suddenly, mara got a text from gavin.

gavin | Hey

xiomara| what

gavin| Ft?

xiomara| no slut

gavin| Lol ok can you come over then?

xiomara| youre so fucking annoying.

somehow, xiomara found herself at her neighbor's door, knocking.

gavin answered the door, seeming slightly surprised that the girl actually showed up. "hey,"

"what do you want?"

"um- you can come inside if you want."

"i don't want to."

"c'mon, it's cold outside."

"whatever," she pushed gavin to the side as she entered the living room which she used to be all too familiar with. "happy?"

"yes. we should talk."

"is that not what we're doing right now?"

gavin sighed, frowning.

xiomara's features softened, "i'm sorry. i know i can be kind of rude sometimes."

"kind of? sometimes?" gavin looked up, chuckling slightly.

"yes." the girl said, "other than that, i'm an angel."

"whatever you say."

"i am!"

"i didn't say you weren't." gavin chuckled.

"mkay, gavin." she rolled her eyes playfully.

"um- so you remember the real reason we stopped talking?"

the air suddenly felt thick.

all memories of early freshman year flooding back.

"yeah."

"i just wanted to apologize," he rocked back and forth on his heels. "i got nervous, and took it out on you."

"could you not have just texted me that?"

"what would you say if i said i wanted to," gavin hesitated, "do that again."

xiomara raised an eyebrow.

"without the whole 'ghosting you after' part." he added quickly.

xiomara stepped up closer to gavin, reaching up to cup his face in her hands, kissing him slowly and passionately.

"you're really cold," gavin said after they pulled apart, holding each of her hands in his, "we should go to my room, there's blankets in there."

"please don't tell me that was your attempt to get me in your bed."

"okay, maybe that was my intention," he admitted, "but you're actually freezing."

"well, thanks for caring, i guess."

the pair went upstairs to gavin's room. somehow, it looked almost the exact same from the last time xiomara was in there.

it even still felt as warm and cozy as ever.