20 | Reminder

It was a clear day, with the faint rays of sun dissipating themselves over each surface. Miah and Mark, chatting softly, were coming out of the main gate of their apartment complex only to abruptly come to a halt when they spotted a black car parked in front of it and leaning on it was a man smartly dressed.

'Taeyong,' Miah gasped.

'Why are you shocked to see me? I told you last night that I would pick you up today.'

'I didn't think-'

'Didn't think I was serious? Taeyong stepped forward, now standing right in front of Miah. 'I told you how serious I am, didn't I?'

'Ahem' Mark was wearing a sly grin. 'So, are you two...' He looked from Taeyong to Miah.

'No!' Miah immediately said, panic in her eyes.

Unlike Miah, Taeyong remained quite calm. 'I am working on it.' He tilted his head to the side, hands in his pocket.

'Taeyong!' Miah exclaimed. 'Not in front of my brother. Oh, I forgot. Taeyong, this is Mark, my little brother.'

'We have met before. Did you forget?' Taeyong said.

'Oh, right. The convenience store.' Miah placed a hand on her forehead.

Taeyong loved seeing Miah flustered.

'C'mon. Let's go.' Taeyong opened the door for Miah. 'Mark, you can come too.'

'No, no.' Mark still had that grin on his face. 'You two have fun.'

'Mark, c'mon.' Miah ushered him but he slithered out of her grip.

'I can find my own way.' Mark turned on his heel and waved his hand to the other two. 'See you at college, noona. Bye Taeyong hyung.'

Taeyong was still standing there, holding the door open for Miah. 'Now can we go?'

Miah sighed, shaking her head and got into the car.

Taeyong skipped to the other side, getting in himself. 'Seatbelt,' she reminded him and they off.

'How is the cut? Did you take the tablet?' Taeyong asked her.

'It's fine. I did.'

'Good. You have to change the dressing once in the evening again. Did you bring extra bandage with you? I got some just in case.' Taeyong pointed to the backseat.

Miah turned her head to see that Taeyong didn't just get 'some' bandage. The backseat looked as though a pharmacist had put on a display for an exhibition.

'Taeyong.' Her eyes widened. 'That is a lot.' Miah started to pull out the boxes in different packages.

'I didn't know which one you preferred. You can use the rest later. Take them home with you.'

'I can buy my own bandage and anti-septic cream and what is this?' Miah pulled a tube out of a brown bag.

'Oh, the guy at the store said this helps with muscle pain, so I got it.'

Miah was rendered speechless and then said softly, 'I have not sprained my ankle, why would I need this cream?'

'Just in case. Can't you stop asking questions and just keep them?'

Miah laughed. 'Okay. I will keep them. Just in case.' Though she promised to keep them, she did not however stop asking questions while also laughing at the things Taeyong had bought.

'You know what?' Taeyong stopped the car at the college entrance. 'Give them back to me. You don't deserve them.' He snatched the bag that Miah was holding.