25 | Meet the Girlfriend

As planned, Taeyong picked up Miah from her house, earlier than usual, the next morning. He seemed nervous yet excited about something, his fingers tapping the steering wheel.

'Now will you tell me why we are going to college early today?' Miah asked.

Taeyong smiled shyly. 'Uh... I was thinking, that you should meet my friends,' he mumbled. 'I want to introduce you to my friends, as my girlfriend,' he added, this time a little more confidently.

'Oh.' Miah's reaction was honest. She was not expecting Taeyong to say this.

'If you don't want to, it's fine, we can postpone...' Taeyong looked anxious, worried that he sprang something up on her for which she was not ready.

But Miah laughed. 'No, I was just surprised, that's all. I would love to meet your friends.'

'You would?' Taeyong almost jumped in his seat and broke into a chatter, 'I texted them all last night asking them to come a little early too. I know you have no break today between classes and in the evening, you have a session with Doyoung so I thought now would be the best time.'

'Calm down,' Miah rubbed his shoulder. 'You seem more nervous than I am.'

'Ah, maybe I am.' He smiled and let Miah rub the back of his neck.

~*~

After parking the car in his reserved spot, he took Miah's hand to walk the rest of the way to the steps. He spotted the guys from a distance, and to his surprise, Doyoung among them.

Last night, when Taeyong had texted the guys in the group, Doyoung had no intention of going because, firstly, he wanted nothing to do with whatever Taeyong was doing with Miah and secondly, he already knew Miah very well so there was no need for an introduction.

Knowing that Doyoung won't turn up, Johnny had called him up, insisting that he should be there as a friend since Taeyong had not texted in the group chat with Serin instead used the one with only the guys as members. Doyoung had sighed on the call and had told Johnny he would think about it but before going to sleep last night, he had put an alarm for waking up early.

When Doyoung turned up this morning, he maintained a stance that he was here only by a coincidence and nothing more. The other three had smiled to themselves and didn't push the topic further.

'Here they are!' Johnny announced, catching everyone's attention when he spotted Taeyong and Miah.

'They are holding hands,' Jaehyun observed. Yuta turned his head at this.

'Good morning, guys!' Taeyong greeted them, and the guys in question and Miah stunned.

'Did he just wish us a good morning?' Jaehyun whispered to Johnny.

'Mhm.' Johnny nodded.

Miah squeezed Taeyong's hand gently and he realized how unnatural he sounded. Taking a deep breath, he calmed his nerves and began again.

'Everyone, this is Jang Miah. My girlfriend.'

'Ooooh!' Johnny couldn't help himself. Jaehyun joined him too.

'This is Johnny,' Taeyong said and Johnny wasted no time to step forward and greet Miah.

Jaehyun followed before Taeyong could even introduce him.

'I am Jaehyun.' He extended his hand forward which Miah shook.

'Hi,' she said softly and Jaheyun pulled her up gently on the same step as him.