𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

101 A

101 A.C.

𝐀 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊 strutted the halls with a knight by his side making his way into the throne room. He was greeted by king Jaehaerys I Targaryen sitting on the throne with his sword, dark sister, that has been in his family for at least a decade.

"Your grace." Rickon greeted, bowing before he stood to his full height.

"Leave us." Jaehaerys ordered the knight. The knight swiftly turned around and walked out of the throne room closing the doors behind him.
"Do you know why you are here?"

"No." Rickon answered. "I suspect you will tell me though."

Jaehaerys chuckled, "Ah, i like your wit." Rickon smiled in response. "Where's your wife and child?"

"They are on their way, your grace." Rickon told him. "My little girl is wild—a little too wild for her age but nonetheless a pleasant joy to be around." Jaehaerys nodded thoughtfully.

"I think we should join houses." Jaehaerys bluntly told him. Rickon blinked, digesting the king's words.

"You want my daughter to marry your grandson, Daemon?" Rickon rhetorically asked. He shook his head vehemently. "Forgive me, your grace, but daemon is an urchin. I must say no."

"Daemon is a handful, I agree with you on that. But beneath his immaturity there is goodness in his heart." Jaehaerys said, pursing his lips. "Rickon, your house is known for its loyalty and peace. Mine for its persistent thriving and ambition. Together it will be powerful."

"My daughter is just four-years-old while Daemon is twenty-years-old. I'm not sure that'll work in their favour ." Rickon commented.

"That's a poor excuse and you know it." Jaehaerys replied. "My proposition is that on her tenth nameday she shall live with us to become accustomed to the Targaryen lifestyle."

He was right. Rickon didn't want this betrothal to happen. He has met Daemon on a few occasions and the man was a pompous ass who did what he wanted with little to no remorse how it would affect anyone around him. He couldn't let his daughter suffer. He wouldn't.

"What about Jaehaeryn?" Rickon mentioned the king's third grandson.

"I'm afraid, he's already been promised to another." Jaehaerys informed him. Rickon closed his eyes in disappointment. "Do you know what a dragon dream is?"

Rickon opened his eyes and slowly shook his head in confusion, "No, I'm afraid not, your grace."

"It's a prophetic dream or vision that only runs through Valyrian descents." Jaehaerys explained. "My grandsire, Aegon the conquer, was a dragon dreamer. He dreamt that white walkers would return and from his own words "the prince that was promised" would be from his line. Seeing as the Targaryens are still ruling the seven kingdoms it shall come true. My firstborn grandson, Viserys, is also a dragon dreamer. He came to me in the morrow after his dream. Claiming that the wolf would exhort the dragon and together they shall defeat any obstacles in their way."

It was silent. Rickon stared at the ground in deep thought as he registered the king's words. He looked up and gazed into Jaehaerys' violet eyes. "On one condition..." Rickon trailed off.

"What is it?" Jaehaerys inquired.

"On her eighteenth name day is when she will be ready to take Daemon's name." Rickon told him. Jaehaerys thought about it before nodding his head in agreement.

Suddenly, the doors opened and a little girl ran up to her father hugging his legs. The little girl's mother came rushing in after with heaving breaths. "Arya!" Rickon lifted her into his arms than outstretched his hand to his wife whom bowed in respect of the king before gasping his hand.

"My King, this is my wife, Lady Ravenna Baratheon, and this is Aryanna." Rickon introduced his wife and daughter to Jaehaerys. The king smiled kindly at them.

Aryanna looked at the weapon that Jaehaerys was holding, she tilted her head curiously. "Sword." She uttered.

King Jaehaerys stood from the iron throne and walked up to the Starks still holding his sword.

"Yes, little one." Jaehaerys chuckled. "The sword's name is dark sister." Aryanna reached her hand to grab the sword only for her finger to graze it as Jaehaerys pulled it back so she wouldn't hurt herself.

"I can tell you have the heart of warrior, little one."

─── ・ 。゚🐉: *.🔥 .* :🐉 ・ 。゚ ───

Author's note: don't forget to vote and comment :)

First of all this story is dedicated to -rogueprince bc her book "Winter's song" inspired me.

What do you think of the prologue? It's a short prologue and I am sorry for that idk how to continue and I'm impatient 😭

Let me just say daemon will still do what he does except for marrying Laena and having baela and rhaena because they deserve better.

Also Jaehaeryn is Viserys and Daemon's younger brother he's like in his late 20's or early 30's in act one. He's like a combination of both of his brothers—like Viserys he's kind and wants peace but when he's angry like Daemon he's violent and impulsive.