10: 𝑤𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑦

The Targaryen ship had set sailed to Driftmark so Viserys could get Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys' blessing and so Rhaenyra and Laenor could get to know one another

The Targaryen ship had set sailed to Driftmark so Viserys could get Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys' blessing and so Rhaenyra and Laenor could get to know one another. House Tully agreed to sail to King's Landing for the meeting with the King and so Aryanna and Magnus could get to know one another.

Aryanna walked passed a seasick Viserys whom usually isn't, she put a hand on his arm in a comforting way. He patted her hand before walking back to his chair. She walked over to the deck and over looked the sea as the ocean always interested her.

When they arrived at Driftmark, Lord Corlys was not there to greet them but instead his daughter, Laena Velaryon, was standing patiently as everyone walked up to her.

"Welcome to High Tide, Your Grace." Laena greeted the King with a respective bow.

"What is the meaning of this, Lady Laena? Is this how House Velaryon greets its King?" Lord Strong questions not letting her speak but she held her demeanor which Aryanna respected.

"My father has but just returned from his long journey and he hastened to the Hall of the Nine to await Your Grace's arrival." Laena informed him.

"Let's get on with it." Viserys muttered following after Laena whom started to walk towards the castle. Upon entering the castle, Viserys and Lord Lyonel infiltrated Lord Corlys' office, Rhaenyra and Aryanna went to follow only for the kingsguards to stop them. 

"I'm sorry." Ser Criston told them.

"Come, cousin. Aryanna." Laena said as she hooked her arms around each of theirs with her in the middle of them. "Let us discover what might be had for breakfast."

After breakfast, Rhaenyra decided to go on a walk with Laenor to discuss of their betrothal while Aryanna stayed with Laena.

"Have there been any suitors asking for your hand?" Laena asked, curious as they walked stood by the ocean.

"Too many to count but none of them satisfied me—well, on an spiritual account." Aryanna answered.

"But ser Magnus Tully does?" Laena questioned.

"Um...that was more of the King's decision than mine." Aryanna admitted with a wince. "I've only seen ser Magnus at tourneys or hunts. Surprisingly, I haven't actually talked with the man at all."

"I'm sure he'll be a good husband." Laena assured with a small smile.

"What of you? I'm sure with your beauty that men have asked for your hand." Aryanna asked. A small blush spread across Laena's face at her compliment.

"No." Laena answered with a shake of her head.

"What a shame." Aryanna tutted. "If I were a man, I would wed you." Laena laughed as she blushed even more.