Chapter 4- New bestie

Not proof read

No one's Pov

Once classes ended Nyx headed down to the Canteen to get some food.

"Hey it's the new girl!" A female voice came from a distance.

Nyx looked up to see a girl with blonde braided hair smiling at her.

"Can I help?" Nyx said as she finished her drink.

"Oh, my apologies I'm Rayhan, you can just call me Ray though," She smiled sticking her hand out to Nyx.

"Nyx," Nyx replied, before shaking her hand.

"May I sit here?" She spoke.

"Sure, go ahead," Nyx spoke.

"Cool," Rayhan said and sat opposite Nyx. The two were quiet for a bit until Nyx finished her lunch. 

"Sooo you're a rouge," Rayhan spoke up.

"Jeez word gets round fast around here doesn't it," Nyx scoffed and shook her head.

"Yeah it does. Anyway, as your new you probably don't have any friends soo I'm your new friend now." Rayhan gave a warm smile to Nyx. Nyx looked up at the blonde girl with a shocked expression.

"Oh?" She replied.

"Yeahh your my new bestie now," Rayhan laughed.

"Sure thing," Nyx gave out a light laugh actually breaking into a smile for the first time.

"Hey trouble," Harvey's voice rang in Nyx ears making her head fall onto the desk and groan.

"What do you want now, and don't call me that," Nyx lifted her head up and giving harvey a threatening glare.

"Oh Ray got a new friend have you," Harvey smirked at the two.

"Yes and you're disrupting our conversation Michelle," Rayhan gave him a playful dare.

"Sorry ladies," He put his hands in the air as defeat.

"I'l see you later trouble," Harvey bent down to whisper into Nyx ears sending shivers down her spine.

"Shove of asshat," Nyx shoved him away.

"Anything for the lady," He bowed and walked off along with Xavier and Celeb.

"Girl what was that," Rayhan looked at Nyx confused.

"Ugh I don't know we found out that we're mates and I told him that if he wants me he has to earn me and now he won't stop hassling me," Nyx ruffled her hair and let out a frustrated sigh.

"YOUR WHAT?" Rayhan shouted causing people to look over.

"SHH shh shut up!" Nyx leaned over and covered her friend's mouth.

"Sorry...sorry but shit you mates with harvey, Girl should I call you luna now," Rayhan chuckled removing Nyx's hand from her mouth.

"No please don't," Nyx chuckled.

DING!

"Time to head back to class but damn how will I concentrate knowing this now?!" Ray joked, getting up and grabbing her things.

"Hah Try being the actual victim here he's always bothering me I don't know what to do." Nyx stated doing the same.

"Well why don't you just give him a chance?" Rayhan suggested.

"Why he seems like a complete Asshole, I mean have you not seen his attitude and personality? plus I don't need to have a relationship right now or ever," Nyx said opening her locker.

"He seems like an asshole but he isn't, He just acts tough to keep his fathers and the packs reputation he doesn't want to let anyone down, Trust me Nyx, he may seem like a complete ass but he really has a heart of gold," 

"Are you lecturing me now?" Nyx laughed closing her locker and walking to her class.

"Nahhh i'm just saying give the guy a chance you never know you might actually fall in love with him." 

"Fall in love my ass," Nyx said sitting down.

***

Nyx pov

"Psst," I looked over to see harvey looking at me.

"What do you want?" I whispered.

"Your number," He smirked.

"Funny, Real jokester," I rolled my eyes and looked back at the board.

"Hey trouble," Harvey whispered.

"Trouble," 

"Hey," 

"Shut up," I threw a piece of paper at him whilst the teacher wasn't looking.

"Hey knock it out love birds," Rayhan teased us.

"Hey what did I tell you," I pointed a finger at Her.

"You told her?" Harvey said confused and shocked.

"Well obviously she's my best friend, Don't tell me you haven't told yours?!" 

"Well no I though you wouldn't want people to know," He said, Surprising me.

_______

"Not such as ass as we thought," Raven said.

"So, he surprised us once so what?" 

"Y'know maybe we should listen to what Ray said," 

"No!" 

"Why," 

"Oh I don't know do you not know what happens every time we let our walls come down WE.GET.HURT.," 

"He might be different though he's our mate for goddess sake!" 

"Whatever," I huffed and blocked out Raven,

________

"Wow and here I thought you would tell the whole school," 

"I'm not like that Nyx," He chuckled looking at me. I got caught up in his green eyes for a moment that I didn't hear the bell go or Rayhan's voice.

"Hey quit staring at each other and lets go," Rayhan said before grabbing my arm and pulling me away.

(A/n Hey guys jeez I haven't posted on here for seems like forever terribly sorry for that i've had continuous Writers block. short story, I was watching tiktok and the something just popped up in my head like boom and I had an idea for the next chapter. soo round of applause for tiktok. Anyway how was everyones christmas and new years. How is 2023 going for everyone so far?)

p.s: I'll do my best to update more frequently but i'm really busy with revising as i've got exams next week, and im currently learning Thai and Korean. And Tryna update all the other stories on here and TikTok so my hands are full but anyway I shall try update more frequently for you all!