Chapter 5

As I walked down the pathway with my servants, my arm in Suoxin's, we reached the flower garden. Here, I would normally sit and appreciate the scene, it hasn't changed much, other than the leaves, the time, the creatures, and the servants tending to the garden.

However, I thought it made sense to capture the scenery of today.

"Jade set up my painting instruments on that table, I want to appreciate this scenery by painting it," I ordered.

"Yes, my Lady." She bowed, turning to set up the table to my liking.

I chose to focus on the pond view

"My Lady, on our way here, I spotted the Prime Minister's daughter, the one that was at the selection with us," Suoxin spoke.

"Oh? What about her?" I said taking off my finger guards.

Jinxi smiled, "My Lady, you have been within the palace for a year, but your eyes and ears are informed on the matter for you. She has turned out to be Consort (Fei of the 4th rank) with the title Liang (Gracious). She had given birth to a Princess, but the child was given the third rank. She is not heavily favored but she runs the inner palace as if she was given the main wife ranking."

Whilst Jinxi explained the character, I began painting the scenery.
Consort. A daughter at third rank. She has progressed a lot, back then she was haughty, swam for attention, and was truly arrogant. But she was given the title 'Gracious', ridiculous.

"You said she was around this area?" I queried with a soft voice still painting.

"Yes My Lady," Suoxin answered.

I nodded my head, "Hm."

"Oh! Jade the flower called the Aeschynanthus Radicans, get about 5 pots of them from the Bureau of Imperial Gardens." I requested.

" Yes My Lady."

Not long after finishing my painting, Jade came back to my side, completing the task.

I sat down viewing the pond a while more, placing my finger guards on. "Those flowers are often called lipstick flowers. With those and a certain procedure, I will be able to produce a large amount of makeup for my servants and others." I explained getting up when I finished my statement. Still facing the pond as the sky started getting orange and pink.

"My Lady, you are so thoughtful and kind, no one treats us as kind and careful as you do." Li Yu stated.

"Indeed so."

We heard from behind us.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alright, that's the end of Chapter 5. Honestly speaking, typing truly, I have been the original version of my story as I felt it was too smooth. So I will be gradually adding conflicts, antagonists, and ultimately sadness.

I hate writing about sad things honestly, but to make it juicy, I gotta do what I have gotta do.
🥹

👋🏾💞