Ch. 13 - Blushing All the Way Home

Zekai could ramble about anything, is what Gabe was starting to realize.

The large man had been going on and on about different weights at the gym, his routine, and all of his goals.

Gabe didn't bother to listen, he felt like Zekai would tell him again sometime in the future.

And if this became serious, he felt the three of them would go to the gym together. So he would eventually pick it up anyway.

The restaurant had a wall of photos of both Benny and Brutus and their various travels across the world. Along with the wedding photo he had seen earlier, as well as one with Benny kissing a bear on the cheek.

Would Zekai and Elliot like to travel in the future? Gabe always thought about leaving the midwest considering it was not exactly the most interesting place in the world. You could only stare out the window and watch corn for only so long.

"Hey," Elliot said as he walked up to Gabe looking at the photos. "They're cute right?"

"Yeah, goals honestly," Gabe admired the photos. The two of them were in love and they weren't shy about it.

"Do..." Gabe looked down at Elliot, not sure if he should ask. "Do you want to travel at all?"

"Like the world?" Elliot asked.

"Where else would we travel?" Gabe laughed.

"Yeah, you're right," Elliot cleared his throat. "Well Zekai and I have talked about it, he has all these places he wants to visit after I, well we now, finish college."

"Like his home country?" Gabe asked.

"Well I've been to his home... country before," Elliot hesitated. "It's cool, really cold though."

"Where else?" Gabe asked.

"Well an actual beach," Elliot laughed to himself. "Zekai was really disappointed by the beaches on Lake Michigan."

"Why?" Gabe laughed.

"Well, he expected it to be hot and wanted to see me swim. Little too cold out at the time, so now he's decided that winter break or something were going to the beach."

"Did he want to see you swim just to see you without a shirt on?"

"Probably, but I also used to be on the swim team in high school. I used to be kind of a twig instead of more muscular."

"Why the change?" Gabe asked.

"Well, um." Elliot looked down at his feet. "My parents made me quit swimming in high school, and Zekai wanted me to work out with him and he pushed me harder than I was when I was alone. Guess no point in keeping myself from gaining a lot of muscle."

"Cool," Gabe said before he stuttered. "Not your parents making you quit but you and Zekai working out together, heh."

"Yeah, I got you," Elliot's demeanor went away as he laughed at Gabe.

"You should have seen Zekai's reaction when I showed him my swim meet photos," Elliot said.

"Did you wear-"

"I wore a speedo," Elliot finished Gabe's sentence with laughter. "I'm pretty sure Zekai stole that photo from me."

"Damn, so do all your boyfriends get a copy?" Gabe asked.

"Well, I do only have one at the moment," Elliot nudged Gabe. "Care to change that?"

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend Elliot?" Gabe raised an eyebrow.

"I- I.. I-" Elliot stuttered out as his face went bright red, as he clutched his chest.

"Woah Woah! Hey! Don't forget about me babes," Zekai suddenly leaped across the restaurant in an instant.