First Day

As the glass doors slid open, you walked in to greet the desk worker with a smile. But you were surprised to find that she gave you a "you're-alive" kind of look. It kind of fazed you but you let it slide and rested your arms on the counter while you asked her to check you in. Retrieving the bell schedule from her, you thanked her and began to make your way to your homeroom. While you walked out, you failed to notice her going into the principal's office in state of panic.

—————

"Settle down, settle down."

"Awh come on, Ingus," whined a dirty blonde with a smirk. He was sitting on a desk telling his classmates a joke.

"That's Mr. Altney to you, Hayner," spoke the elder as he gave a small glare.

"Well, if anyone knows Hayner, they know he won't back down that easily, Mr. Altney," chuckled a particular spiky haired brunette. The rest of the class laughed while the said dirty blonde blushed in embarrassment. "Shut up, Sora!"

"And there is the bell," signaled their teacher. "Please sit down while we address a new student into the class."

"New student? But it's already halfway into the semester!" exclaimed a short blacked haired girl.

"Never too late to teach an old chocobo new tricks, Ms. Kisaragi."

"Yes it is! They can't eve-" She was interrupted by her blonde friend who sheepishly covered her mouth.

"I think he's trying to say it's never too late to bring in a new student, Yuffie. Right, Mr. Altney?" the blonde's sister said with a small grin and it grew once it got an acknowledged nod from their teacher. Yuffie pried off the blonde's hand off her mouth and gave a small pout. "Whatever."

With a shadow of a smile, Ingus went over to the door after he took attendance and found every one of his students in their perspective seats. He opened it and let you inside. But once you got inside, you found that all voices hushed down and eyes staring at you. Some mouths were agape and some were even in thin lines; though the ones that got to you most were the frowns.

"Please welcome ~~~~~ into class," Ingus said as he looked towards your portfolio while you greeted the class with a small bow. "Would you like to tell a little more about yourself to the class, ~~~~~?"

"Hello. My name is ~~~~~ Strife and I am thrilled to be here," you said with a bright smile. But while you looked over the class, you saw that the atmosphere got gloomier and colder.

"Where'd you come from?" asked a harsh voice. You looked towards the source and saw him with a great big frown as his face twisted in anger.

"Hayner," Ingus warned.

"I just moved from Midgar," you answered timidly.

"Where in Midgar?" asked another.

"A-ace," spoke the teacher. He was surprised since Ace was his top student with a well-mannered personality who wouldn't dare ask another in a rough voice. But yet here he was, staring down the new student.

"Let me speak. You want to know too! Where? Where in Midgar?" he enforced.

"I-"

"Nibelheim?"

"Ho-"

"Is your birthplace Nibelheim, dang it!" he yelled as he stood from his seat with balled fists.

"Ace," spoke the brunette girl next to him. "Calm down." She laid a hand on his shoulder as she looked at you along with the rest of the class waiting at the edge of their seats for an answer. Though they feared it rather than anticipated it.