19

We walked into one of the nearby parks near the school, still holding hands. "Let's sit here," I spoke. I pointed to a spot, and he nodded. We both sat beside each other, and I faced him slowly. "What?" He asked. He lifted an eyebrow at me, and I laughed. "Well, woo me, I'm waiting," I laughed. He looked at me in disbelief and rolled his eyes.

"Well, I want to get to know you...tell me about yourself?" He spoke nervously. I chuckled at his response and nodded. "Well, I have a sister who you met; my favorite color is purple; I really like baked bread for some reason; I like coffee; I like fashion and magazines! I read all types. Umm, I like birds, I've been wanting to grow my hair longer, but I'm debating on leaving it the length it is, um, let's see, I really like getting love letters and flowers. Also, I like confident guys who aren't afraid to show their feelings," I smiled.

He looked at me with a reddened face as if he was mentally taking notes. "Your turn," I smiled. "Uhhhh, well I... As you saw, I have three older brothers; I like the color green, maybe? It reminds me of nature. I like reading and baking, but when it comes to cooking, I can be mediocre...I like listening to music and am not much of a talker, so surrounding myself with talkative people makes me happy. I like cats, but sometimes I suck when raising them; they end up spoiled and lazy. Umm, and although I have experience with relationships, I'm not very good at them..."

I smiled at what he told me and nodded.

"Also, my brother was tired of me getting into trouble and forced me to join the club, but I like it...deep down," he spoke, getting red. "Speaking of, what led you to get into the alternative building anyway?" I asked. His eyes widened, and he began to laugh nervously.

"Ahh! It's a long story..."

"Well, I've got time," I laughed.

He pulled his knees close to his chest and began nervously pulling at the grass beneath him. "Well, it happened about two years ago, and they said I could come back if I were on my best behavior, but as you can tell, I haven't," he started.

"One of the guys at the school was bullying a few people constantly and had the audacity to do it in front of me. Long story short, I broke his arm and nose, and he was in the hospital for a good month..."

My eyes widened at the information he gave me. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

"What?"

"Yeah, his family threatened to press charges, but my brother managed to get me out of trouble if I were to go to the alternative school, the kid ended up moving schools, but his brother still comes here; I forgot his name. But, enough of me; what did you do to be forced into this?" Arthur asked. I laughed at what he said and began to lie down on the grass. I placed my hands on my chest and turned my head to look at him.

"Well... believe it or not, my sister and your brother are a bit close. She has convinced him to let me stay at the school instead of being transferred to the alternative building. However, the three of us were on the brink of being expelled this past time. We had gotten into this brawl fight with a couple of other students," I started.

Arthur began to lay beside me, and we both faced each other on our sides. "I might have been a bit dramatic, but they kept calling me a few gay slurs," I laughed. His eyes widened, and his face dropped. "I don't think you were dramatic when it comes to that," He spoke. I breathed out deeply and smiled at him. "Well, did you win?" Arthur asked. I laughed at what he said and nodded. "Yeah, we did, that is why we were going to get expelled, but lately, I have not been in much trouble, so it is fine," I smiled.

He began to come closer to me, and I saw how a smile spread across his face. It was charming, and I wanted to see more of it. "You have a charming smile," I spoke. He smiled at me and placed a hand on my cheek. "I think that you have the most charming personality. I want to be better and try harder. Do you think you can give me another chance?" He asked.

He was more pleasant right now; I actually liked it. Maybe if I give him another chance, he will begin to change his attitude a little bit. Well, that is what I hope will happen, anyways...

"Okay then, but no screw-ups, please, don't make me regret anything," I spoke. He laughed a little and shook his head. "Never," he spoke.

Arthur leaned into me and kissed my cheek softly.

I felt a little disappointed at this, but it was okay.

He separated from me and gave me the most heartwarming smile I had ever seen. "Baby steps," He started. "However, if you want more, I won't be opposed to it...all; you have to do is say please, and promise to do whatever I say," he laughed. I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head. "You wish; I will still make it hard for you," I laughed.

"Aww, playing hard to get? I like it!" He chuckled.

I was feeling extremely attracted to him at this moment. I wanted to grab him and kiss him, and I knew that was something he would want to happen, but I was not going to give in so easily. "We should go home; come on," He smiled. He began to stand up and reached his hand out for me to grab. "Okay then, but you are going to take me home," I responded. "Of course...there was not anything else I was planning on doing," He laughed.