• (TW) blood/ bruises

Hello everyone. I want to point out that there are no graphic images in this chapter, however there are discussions on how to create the effect through photo manipulation and editing.

Until I have the energy to make a detailed tutorial on bruises/ blood, here are some helpful tips:

1. In order for it to be anything close to realistic, the body part or face must be edited first. Smudging, highlighting and contouring. You can't really add realistic blood or bruises on 'raw' images. This is in terms of wattpad covers and the style it tends to follow.

2. Start with a textured brush and work your way from there by smudging it around and adding some depth. You have to take into consideration the body part and how new/ old the injury is.

3. You HAVE to use a blending option such as multiply or darken.

4. Work in layers! If you make a mistake you can always go make and adjust or redo a layer instead of erasing a part of the bruise/ blood and ruining it.

5. Don't use red as it is. Use variations of a medium to dark shade of red. A dark brown may sometimes be necessary, maybe dark shades of blue or purple too.

6. If you're comfortable enough, look up pictures and tutorials of sfx makeup. Please don't scar yourself by looking at real images of injury.

Please vote!