Ch: 6

~~~A Couple Days Later~~~

I was in the main training room of the Jedi Temple but all I did was watch the younglings train. I didn't need to help Master Yoda as I had only a couple of days ago as I was no longer his Padawan. Although, he did tell me that I could if I wanted to. I sat crisscrossed on a mat in the far corner of the room, it looked like I was meditating or at least in deep thought but if you were paying attention, you'd know I wasn't.

I snapped out of my trail of thoughts as someone nudged my leg with their foot. "Knight, care to join us...?" I looked up to find none other than Master Mace Windu.

"In doing...?" I fished for what we were doing.

"Drawing names for sparing partners." He simply told me. "But this time your name would be one of the ones a Padawan could pick."

I thought about it for a moment before I came up with an answer. "No thank you." I politely refused. With Master Yoda, Ashlyn's, and Nadia's training...I knew that any unluckily Padawan wouldn't stand a chance against me. He seemed to pick up on this dilemma of mine.

"Or if you'd rather a more even fight...I'm sure anyone from the Jedi Council would love to spar with you." He informed me.

An even fight...? I asked myself as if that wouldn't be the case. Just how would that be an even fight for me...? They'd probably win...especially if either Yoda or Mace were to fight me. They were exceptional members of the council. Luckily Yoda didn't seem too keen on ever participating in this trivial test.

"You give yourself too little credit." He simply told me before he started to walk off.

"You know." I started, causing him to stop and turn back to me. "It wasn't that long ago we spared and you completely decimated me."

"You were still just a Padawan." He informed me as if that made any sense. "You've grown since then."

Perhaps.... I told myself...but probably not by much. "Not by much."

"Care to find out...?" He asked me.

"Are you challenging me...?" I questioned him.

"If I was...?" He asked me.

I took a deep breath. "I'm so gonna regret this later...aren't I...?" I asked a rhetorical question before I stood up. "Alright...when do we begin...?"

We found a part of the room where nobody seemed to be crowded together before we both took our stances. He held his saber out in front of him while I held mine off to my side, defensively. He made the first attack, as I predicted he would, his purple blade clashed against light blue.

I brought my other saber around and swung it towards him, he had to dodge as our blades unlocked themselves from each other. With him still recovering from my attack, I spun my sabers around but his blade caught them both. He pushed back, I deactivated my sabers as I jumped back, relighting them as I landed on my feet. We looked at each other for a moment before we continued our sparring session.

After a while of fighting, which I found a little bit strange that I could keep up with him now, our fight came to a close. Big surprise...he won...but at least he had to work for it...or so he told me. I watched some other people train and spar before I left the training room, heading toward my room once I noticed just how late it was.

When I got there...I noticed that the door was ajar. Which would've been a cause for concern if I couldn't read the signature on the other side of the door. I quickly went into the room before I shut the door behind me.

"Obi-wan...?" I questioned him, slightly playfully. "What are you doing here...?"

"Can't I stop by and see my wife sometimes...?" He questioned me.