Bite Me (1)

This week was just not Byulyi's week.

First, she was fired from her job for the fourth time in two months because, surprise, the manager was a disgusting pig who didn't know that no meant no. Then, a loud thunder took her by surprise just as she was walking home, making her drop her phone on solid concrete. And if that wasn't bad enough, a thief snatched her necklace and it was only when Byulyi was going to get off the bus did she notice the stinging pain on her neck.

The bastard left a wound the length of her thumb on her neck.

Even the weather seemed to sympathize with Byulyi's bad luck as the sky pelted the earth with big and quick raindrops, the heavy winds toyed with trees and bushes and umbrellas, lightning striking and thunder roaring every now and then.

Opening the door to the house, Byulyi was immediately greeted with darkness before her. She placed her umbrella—a completely useless thing since she was basically drenched from head to toe despite clutching onto it for dear life as she walked—near the entrance and made no move to brighten the place.

Seokjin, her landlord, was probably outside again, as is usual whenever the sun went down.

Though she was curious, she learned not to ask the man about his whereabouts—or any of his hobbies—after dark. Mainly because all she always received was nonsense.

She asked him once about how he never left the house except for at night and he told her that he disintegrated under the sun. Another time, she asked him about his job and how he was able to afford a mansion at just 30 years old in this economy. Instead of replying, he laughed.

Like many homeowners in the neighborhood, her landlord liked to take care of his plants. His backyard garden boasted of a tall hedge with several bushes of pink roses clustered in circles while his front lawn was lush with well-trimmed grass. The only difference was, he tended to his garden at the ungodly hours of the night, snipping away at green leaves in the darkness.

But all in all, Seokjin was nice. A bit weird. But nice.

And hot.

He stood almost 6 feet tall with shoulders wide enough that his shirts could barely contain them and a face sculpted by the Gods. Byulyi had to remind herself several times how to not to be a pervert in front of her landlord when the man was just minding his own business.

If she was brave enough—or rather if she was any less embarrassed that she still owed him months worth of rent—Byulyi probably would have already asked him out.

She didn't bother turning the lights on as she walked quietly towards the staircase. She had just taken one step when she heard the faint whoosh of the wind.

A quick inspection of her surroundings made her realize that the sound had come from Seokjin's bedroom just beside the staircase. Byulyi could count the number of times that she had been inside his room with her fingers and every time none of the details inside seemed to change.

He had owned a wide-screened TV and several gaming consoles, a bed, a mini refrigerator, a closet, and that was it. He had no photo framed on the walls, no knick knacks, or any decoration that could make his space feel more like him. He didn't even use ACs or fans, instead he usually just leaves his windows open.

That was probably why the wind sounded so loud, Byulyi thought to herself as she walked towards the door. She pushed the already opened door wonder to reveal that—yup, the window was still open.

Byulyi bit her lip in thought. He probably wouldn't mind right? After all, his gaming consoles were five steps away from the window, it'd probably be best if it didn't get wet by the rain.