KUROO X READER

The warm summer air heated your body up as you sat on your porch swing, watching the bright sunlight beam down on your lawn. The soft breeze made it seemed like the grass was flowing in waves, it was a beautiful sight.

Though, that peace was short lived as a volleyball came crashing down into your line of sight.

"Oop- Sorry, Y/n-chan!"

Looking up with a pout forming, you watched as the boy next door waved and ran over to your yard. His jet black hair was as unkempt as ever and his eyes shined like a sneaky cats as his looked up at you from his spot on the sidewalk.

"Can you get me the ball, please?" He asked, pointing at the ball that rolled towards your seat. "I don't want to be rude by stepping into your freshly mowed lawn."

"Kuroo, don't be an idiot, come get it."You said, rocking back and forth on the porch swing.

The boy sighed, shaking his head and chuckling to himself before looking back up at you and smiling. He took in your tired expression and ran over to retrieve the ball, though he ran past it and headed towards the porch.

Running up the stairs and standing in front of you, his white T sticking to his chest thanks to the sweat that had collected. You had no doubt in your mind that his knees and pits were both stuck to his shirt and jeans after running around in such an outfit.

Who in the world would wear a camo jacket over your shirt in the summer?

"Why can't you be nice to me?" Kuroo asked, hands on his hips like he had just ran a mile. "It's the last day of summer before school."

"Well, I'm taking the day in to relax," You said, continuing to rock in the swing and smiling up at Kuroo smugly.

"So, if you don't mind, I'd rather stay nice and relaxed. Today's a good day and I plan on getting myself some treats at the store down the street tomorrow morning."

"Awe, can I come?" Sitting next to you, Kuroo plopped down in the empty space next to you and leaned against the seat.

Pressing his heels into the cracks of your porch, he pushed against his feet and started swinging the seat for you both. Making you pout more and just rest your cheek against your fist, placing your elbow on the swing's armrest.

"I don't care, my mother might make me take you anyway."

"Oh, that's right. Can't have mommys little girl running off with some boys, right?"

Slapping Kuroo's arm, he let out a laugh, his eyes shut tight and cheeks a light tint of pink. "Ow, Y/n!"

"That's what you get, ass." You retorted, a snort leaving you as you returned your gaze back to the small flowers that littered your flowerbeds.

Some lilies and daisies had managed to bloom this year, but you were really dying for your roses to grow. You and Kuroo had planted them a year before, thanks to Kuroo's grandmother, and said he wanted them to grow so he could pick one and give it to a girl he might fall for this year.

This year is our last one too..

"Hey, Ro?" You piped, turning your attention away from the rose bushes and towards the street. "What're you going to do after school?"

"After school? Whew, uh.."

It took a second, but Kuroo nodded and sat up a little. "I want to go to college. Maybe get a degree in Biology or Science; become a physicist?"

You looked over at him, his hand coming up to scratch his neck as you did and shrugged.

"Or stay with my thing in volleyball and go regional and play for the whole of Japan; hell, become a coach. I don't really know, but I want to do something with my life that doesn't make me need to rely on anyone."