Noah

I unlock my door and step into my quiet house. "BARK!" I jump in surprise seeing my dog Charlie wagging his tail leash in mouth.
" Do you want to go outside, huh boy?" I asked " come on let's go!" Charlie wags his tail in anticipation for a walk. I drop my jacket on the couch, attach his leash and we head in a random direction.

My thoughts drift to Olivia as we walk, I start thinking about the song she was singing earlier. Was she singing about someone in particular? God, I hope not because I already have no chance, that would just put me in the negatives. But I don't think it was, she hasn't really been hanging around a lot of guys lately.
'I don't mean that in a stalker way' I remind myself 'it's just an observation.'

My phone rings thankfully scattering my thoughts, I pick up my phone to see my moms face I answer and brace myself for what she has to say.
"Hey hun."
"Hi mom."
" I'm sorry baby but I think me and your dad are going to stay in a hotel for the night."
"Don't worry about it mom, I'll be fine."
"You sure?"
"Yeah you go ahead, bye."
"Bye baby."
I hang up and sigh, I get this call all the time but it doesn't get much easier I've just sort of become numb to it, that said it sucks. I start to turn around and head back when I hear the faint sound of giggles coming from above me. I look up and see Olivia and her two best friends. I let my gaze linger for a second and decide to leave before it gets creepy. So I continue my journey home where I'll just spend the night alone scrolling the night away on TikTok.