Olivia

I don't realize that class ended until the crowd of students previously in seats, start racing outside the classroom and squeezing through the door. As I try to pack up quickly the realization dawns on me for the second time that I have soccer practice. I know that it's weird to be a soccer captain that hates soccer but that's my life. Nobody knows though, my family is freakishly good at everything and was always just average until I found soccer. I knew that I was good at soccer but I hated it. Every time I began to play was just a reminder that this is all that I'm good at, that this is why my family cares about me. but when I get through the locker room doors I plaster on my fake smile, the one that I had gotten so good at using, and push the doors open.

practice is just like normal, I yelled at Noah a few times while he stood there with an infuriatingly hot smirk, I ran some drills with the team and we had a mini-game.

" alright great practice, lets's go hit the showers and head home!" I clap my hands. As I get in the shower I begin humming a melody for a song that I've been working on quietly not wanting a repeat of the last practice. after I put on my clothes I look around only to find that Brooke and Alexis are nowhere to be found. recalling our agreement for occasions like this I head to the front stairwell to text Brooke. As I'm typing out my message I vaguely hear voices when suddenly in a flurry of activity the entire boy's soccer team appears to spawn into the stairwell I'm standing in. None of the boys can see me because I am short and no one was paying attention anyways since they were too busy shoving each other around, I try backing up when I suddenly slip and go flying backward I see a face quickly as I feel a hand grabbing onto my arm. But it's not enough I slip out of their reach and tumble down the stairs hitting what feels like every limb before I finally stop on the landing and hit my head. All of the voices slowly fade into static and then into nothing. my eyes close shut as I let the darkness consume me and let my last feeling be the warmth and comfort of my sweater.