Noah

I get increasingly more irritated as I look at the board in my algebra 2 class. I have no idea how I've gotten this far in math because numbers have never made sense to me. I can never remember them and it only gets worse when numbers are added. I wish my brain functioned normally because I have no idea what's wrong with me, I'm probably just stupid. When I suddenly hear the sweet relief that is the sound of the bell I practically jump out of my seat eager to go to soccer practice. I know I'm good at soccer and I always make sure to work super hard because I love it and am hoping to get a soccer scholarship to college.
"Mr. Lee. A word please." A voice pulls me out of my thoughts. I slowly turn around, preparing myself for the same conversation I've been having with teachers since elementary school.
" You are doing very poorly in this class do you know that?" Mr Roberts asks. When I nod my head he continues. " You need to apply yourself to math the same way you do with soccer other wise you may be benched for the season because of your grades." I nod my head ashamed. "I understand Mr Roberts." He gives a small apologetic smile and dismisses me with a stiff pat on my shoulder.

The second I leave the classroom I shake my head in hopes of getting those thoughts out of my head and race to the locker room to change before practice.

My mind keeps drifting all through practice back to that conversation. I need to stay on the team otherwise I won't be able to go to college, my family might not be poor but college is really expensive. I clearly don't have the grades for an academic scholarship so soccer is my only option. Since I was distracted the whole time, practice went by super quickly so after what felt like a few minutes the team retreated into the locker room. As I'm getting into the shower one of my best friends Lucas Baker let's me know that coach wants to see me in his office. So I shower and change quickly and walk quickly to his office with still wet hair.

The coach tells me the same thing that Mr Roberts told me before practice, but adds that I should consider tutoring. I quickly nod and leave remembering that I'm giving Lucas and out other best friend Max Corbin a ride home. As I run down the hallway I see something I thought I would never see, Olivia Taylor wearing my sweatshirt. I can't move, bell I can barely breathe because she looks so fucking hot wearing my sweatshirt I want to pin her against the wall behind her and kiss her until she falls as deeply for me as I have for her.

I suddenly realize that the whole team is pushing each other around in front of her and she isn't looking. The idea that she could get hurt breaks the trance my sweater put me in. I race to the stairwell and push through my teammates. I reach my hand out as I see her stumble backwards but I get a weak grip because she slips from my hand and continues tumbling down the stairs until she stops at the landing. I rush down the stairs to her side and quickly realize that she's unconscious.

Max and Lucas guide me to my car and Max takes the wheel to drive us to the hospital they let us sit in silence and I couldn't be more grateful they know how much I like her so they know I'm in a lot of pain when Max stopped the car in the parking lot they took turns offering reassurances that she'll be fine as we walk into the waiting room we're met by a harsh voice.
"You shouldn't be here."

*************
This chapter is longer than the others. Comment if I should do more this length than go back to the really short ones