41. Golden Hour

Ian takes Issac to another room, to talk about training as a second

I saunter around the house, trying to find a spot with the perfect amount of sunlight to click golden hour pictures for my Instagram.

I find myself on the broken balcony, trying to make my phone stand up against prices of rocks.

"You need any help?"

I turn around and find Silas, smiling while watching me struggle.

"Yes. Can you make it stand?" I ask, still fumbling with my phone.

"Here." He takes it from me and holds it up. "Pose."

We spend like 45 mins doing a photoshoot, he joined in after I got the pictures I wanted.

I now have about a 100 live photos of us just ugly laughing. I don't mind though.

"You're going? Tomorrow?" I finally ask the question that was burning my throat since this morning.

Although I already know the answer, I can't help but hope for it to change. You know what they say, hope breeds eternal misery.

"I am." He nods. "Will you miss me?"

I chuckle. "What kind of a question is that? Of course I'll miss you."

"No, I'm not asking if you'll think of me when someone brings up my name. I'm asking if you will miss me, miss doing things with me, miss talking to me, maybe even miss kissing me?"

I look at him. "Why does it matter what I say? I can say yes and yet, you will still leave."

"If you say yes, I won't leave forever."

"And if I say no?"

"Then I don't see any point in coming back here."

I don't say anything.

He moves closer to me and dips his head in the crook of my neck. "If you tell me right now that you didn't feel what I felt when you kissed me, I'll leave and you won't ever have to see me again."

His lips hover over my neck, leaving a trail of goosebumps. My lips part but no sound leaves.

"If you can say that you're okay with never seeing me again, I will leave."

"Tell me to leave Layla." He husks.

"I can't." I finally manage to say in a hoarse whisper.

He pulls back, standing up to his full height with a shit eating grin on his face.
"Then I will see you in two weeks darling."
He kisses my forehead and attempts to leave.

I hold him by the wrist and pull him back. "You dont have to leave until tomorrow right?"

He nods.

"Well then, we still have the whole evening." A smirk playing on my lips.