42. Tall People

I should've thought before I offered to bring up food for Layla

Because now, everyone is waiting for her to start dinner and I cannot just go upto her father and say 'Yeah, your daughter won't  be coming down for dinner since I just fingered her and ate her out. So would you minda sending up a plate for her?'

Although I wouldn't trade what just happened for the world.

"Where is Lena?" Andreas asks Sebastian.

He shrugs. "I don't know I was with your sidekick."

"Issac?" Andy raises an eyebrow.

"That's the one." Sebastian nods.

"So where is she?" Their dad asks.

I clear my throat. "She was clicking photos on the terrace and caught a cold. I offered her my room since hers was a little messy."

Andreas and Sebastian frown.

"You could've just brought her to my room." Sebastian says.

I nod. "I will remember that in the future."

He looks a little pissed at my reply and is about to say something but the sound of the door opening interrupts him.

Just in time, a tired Nick enters the dining area, still in his hospital scrubs.

"When did you go to the hospital?" Apollo asks.

"Seriously? I've been there for a week." He answers, completely baffled.

"No, that's not right. Weren't you there at dinner yesterday?" Their father questions.

Nick whips his head towards him. "You seriously didn't know your son wasn't home for a week?"

"Hey, don't look at me. I have too many children to keep tabs on all of them." He raises his hands.

Everyone laughs.

Nick leaves to go change.

"Did you really not know?" My mother asks Alfonso, glaring at him.

"Of course I did. I just like to tease them once in a while, or they become insufferable."

Mom hums, not quite convinced. "Residency has been really hard on him. You all should be helping him out."

"I should go give Layla some food." I say, setting a plate for her.

"You don't have to do that. I'll ask someone to arrange another room for you and Nick can go check on Lena." Andreas says.

"Nick is already tired. I'll just give her the food and let her rest. As for the room, I can sleep on the couch. I won't feel good about leaving her alone when she's not well." I come up with a believable excuse, in hopes of getting to spend the night with her.