Chapter 9: <Angel> [2]

I wonder if some of you have ask yourselves what is the purpose of the dreams that you have from time to time. Why does dreams exist?

I can't help but ask.

Why?

For I, Rei Ainsworth, have a dream.
I have been dreaming about something for the past few days. Ever since I came to this world, I only seldomly get the chance to sleep properly.

It's not like I can't sleep nor don't require sleep you know? Spirits who has a stronger constitution compared to humans don't require sleep. Well, if they want to, they can.

It's just that I don't really have the need to do so with this new body of mine.

Well, let me tell you what I have been dreaming about all this time. Over and over and over.

...

Once upon a time, there was a child.
The child had lost everything in result of a war.

Amidst the ruins of the child's destroyed village, he was found to be the only survivor which put him into a different fate.

When the child thought that he could start and live right back once more, he was reluctantly caught and nearly became a slave.

To the child's luck, he barely managed to escape to those who were trying to capture him.

He ran and ran. Without rest and nonstop.

But while on the run, he was shot. Though it wasn't that dangerous, it affected his speed and remaining stamina.

And in exhaustion, he tripped on an edge for a ravine and fell down on a cliff.

Did he die? No, he miraculously lived.
The boy then opened his eyes, how did the boy even survive that fall?

He found himself in the deepest parts of the ravine. Realizing that he was still kicking alive, the boy roamed the place trying to find an exit.
And so, he found something.

It was a gigantic twin doors engraved with ancient scriptures.

The boy then muttered, "Ancient Ruin".

As the boy opened the door, a blinding light engulfed all over the surroundings. It was a pure white light that illuminated everything.

...

That was my dream. And to add, it happened not only once nor twice, it happened often as long as I put myself to sleep.

It was just a short dream and easy to understand. And that is concerning. That dream would continue over and over until I open my eyes relieving myself from my sleep.

It wasn't like I have a problem with it at first, yes at first, but lately, it's bothering since I am somehow getting more immersed in the dream to the point that I don't want to wake up from it anymore.

This matter...

It's really....starting to get interesting as time passes.

——

[3rd POV]

After having those story appear on his dream once more, Rei opened his eyes only to be found locked in a pitch black dimension where light had ceased to exist.

"...is this a continuation part of that dream?" Rei mumbled as he observed his surroundings.

'Maybe or maybe not', is Rei's answer to his question as time passed as his eye's vision swam all over the place.
Rei then decided to roam the place. 'There wasn't anything wrong and to worry about dangers', he thought since this place is just probably a dream.