13

The sharp clinking sound of a metal spoon against glass resounded through the hall. The chatter died down and people looked up to the head table. My father was standing up with a grass and a metal spoon in hand.

Once he was sure all the attention was on him, he set the glass with the spoon down on the table and cleared his throat.

" Good morning my fellow Asorians. I know the recent changes in the palace has been a constant topic on your minds." Murmurs rose up in the hall as this was said.

Father again picked up the glass with the spoon to silence the hall. Once decorum had fallen, he resumed his speech.

"I'm pleased to inform you all that legendary and mysterious sea kingdom , the kingdom of Syphilis, will grace Asoria with it's presence in the next twenty five days."

Gasp of surprise were heard and next came a roar of applause. It's was obviously for my father but Edith just had to wave to the crowd.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the action and continue picking at my food. I have no business in the drama they are putting up. I had more worrisome matters on my mind. Like Ravenna's letter. I couldn't sleep during the night and I doubt I'll be able to sleep in the long run.

I just wanted an adventure. I know that. I asked for it. A simple adventure where I can run away from the palace and be free of all responsibilities but no, the universe just doesn't like me.

To find out about the truth of dragons is one thing, to find out that a legendary jewel of Kadesh which is sought out by many to use for their evil deed. Oh I did forget to put that it has crazy power because it contains a goddess essence. These were all good but to find out that I have to find all remaining four jewels, protect them and reunite the human and dragons race together. It was the breakout point. At first I deduced that it was a mistake. A really big blunder on the side of fates to choose me. But I then remember Ravenna's letter address to me!.

This is no joke anymore. I have to do all this while battling my crazy family and this kingdom. Fires fate!.

"Father." Edith said with an overly sweet tone.

What does she want now.

" I was fortunate to hear that no one has been chosen to welcome
the Syphilis into our kingdom."

Fortunate? Or having a whole lot of spies.

"Who told you that?" Father said giving her a blank stare.

Edith opened her mouth and closed it repeatedly like a fish. She was obviously taken aback by his answer and so was mother who was giving him a condensing look.

"B-But I th-hought.."

"Well you thought wrong." Father instantly cut her off.

Edith frowned at that. I'm so sure she was plotting the murder of the person who is taking the spotlight from her.

" If I may ask," no you may not." Who was given this privilege that is reserved for only a royal."

I see was she did there. Emphasizing the royal part. Too bad it's of no use.

"Of course I know that..." Father took a sip of his wine. He then gave Edith a stern look." Never try to tell me how to do my job."

Edith gulped and quickly nodded.

"Besides.. it's your sister that is welcoming the Syphilis." Father dropped the bomb with no warning.

Edith's mouth dropped open and my mother chocked on her food.