Changes 3

Aubrey" Mira still looking good, my Nigga! You need to get back on that before these Atlanta niggas start getting at her again

Aubrey
" Mira still looking good, my Nigga! You need to get back on that before these Atlanta niggas start getting at her again." Listening to Chubbs go on, I just waved him off.

" Man, these niggas know better. They know not to mess with her." We walked into the house to see Chris playing with JoJo on the floor.

" Dada!"

" I see you, JoJo!" He smiles and goes back to pushing his cars with Chris. Avery was staring at me but when I turned to him he turned his attention to the TV. I went over and sat next to him.

" So what's been going on with you, son? You never want to talk to me when I call." He ignores me and moves away some. I let out a small laugh.

" Avery, you're going to do your dad like that?" Chubbs asked.

" I don't have anything to say to him." I looked at Chubbs and then back at Avery.

" Damn, that's fucked up." I got up and walked into the kitchen to get myself some chips or something. I grabbed some of JoJo's little snacks too. Walking back into the room I handed JoJo his snack and sippy cup.

" Avery I know you're upset that I had to leave you and that I missed so much of your life. Trust me I didn't want any of that! I made some bad choices that I had to deal with the consequences. At this moment I'm trying to move forward and make sure I'm here for you and Josiah. I want to be the father that you need."

" I don't need you, I have my mother." He turned away from me.

" Look you might think you don't need me but you do. I'm here Avery, you get at me when you're ready. Just know that I'm not going to take any disrespect from you. You're my son, I'm your father and that's what it is." I turned away from him and got up to sit on the floor with JoJo. Avery got up and walked upstairs to his room.

" Man you better get that straighten before he turns into you. I can see it now. That lil Nigga will be vicious when he gets older. He's always so angry." Chubbs says.

" I keep telling Mira that but she doesn't see it. She just thinks he's going through that teenager phase." JoJo decided he wanted to stop playing with his car and jump on me.

" Amira, better open those eyes before it's too late." Chris chimes in. I played wrestle with JoJo while thinking about Avery. I really wish I could get through to him.

Amira