🦋{𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫}🦋

"𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞."
- 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐲

"- 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐲

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

It was worse enough to spend eight and a half hours in a car to Tennessee with two men, one who was her brother and the other who was her lover's brother. But to spend another eight and a half hours with them was exhausting despite the fact that Katrina was part vampire.

The last time she was on a road trip, she was alone in her 1969 white Mustang, traveling across the country to perform classical music with her violin. She adored the sounds of the violin and she wanted others to hear the melodious noise. She even had a habit of listening to classical music on the road, reminding her of her days as an opera singer.

Klaus and Stefan seemed to always have something to say during the long drive, the majority of it mainly arguing, while Katrina was left alone in the backseat. The view of the trees wasn't enough to distract her from their incessant bickering, and she didn't bother to fall asleep. She wished she had a book or her journal, but she knew that neither would've worked.

Even her attempts of mentioning the 'Blood Bond', whatever the hell that was, didn't completely stop them. Klaus either ignored her or demanded she drop the topic as he supposedly wasn't the right person to explain it to her.

Eventually, the three arrived at their destination, a city in Illinois that was home to a few skyscrapers. The oldest Salvatore remembered the city during the Roaring Twenties; she was in her eighties but still looked good.

"Welcome back to Chicago," Klaus announced with a smile.

Stefan glanced around and asked, "What are we doing here?"

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old Ripper days?"

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." He moved to stand in between the two Salvatores as they looked at the city. "Word was the Rippers of Monterey got lonely, so they escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun."

{𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤; 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐚 𝟏𝟗𝟐𝟎}

The U.S. Constitution consisted of twenty-seven amendments, one of which forbade the legal manufacture, sale, and transportation of intoxicating liquors. That was the 18th Amendment.

President Herbert Hoover, who served during Prohibition, described the era as "a great social and economic experiment, noble in motive and far-reaching in purpose", or in other words, the Noble Experiment of Prohibition. The sole purpose of the constitutional law was to diminish crime and corruption, decipher social complications, deplete tax burdens, and develop health and hygiene. However, the law's enforcement became ineffective.