🦋{𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐎𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡}🦋

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲."
- 𝐉𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐚 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥

"- 𝐉𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐚 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥

♡°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°🦋°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°♡

{𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤; 𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟒}

An audition of any kind was always nerve-wracking. For the oldest Salvatore, it was no different.

Standing amongst a big number of girls, Katrina bit the inside of her cheek out of nervousness as she hoped for her name to be called. Many girls had already been picked for the upcoming performance, and there was only one more spot left. The Salvatore began to worry that her chances of being picked were less than slim.

Inside the Adelphi Theatre in New York, George Balanchine, ballet choreographer and co-founder of the New York City Ballet, stood before the girls on the giant stage, inspecting every one of them so as to increase their anxiety levels.

He cleared his throat in the tense silence. "Miss Salvatore?" He called out, gaining the female Salvatore's attention. "Front and center."

Heart pounding in her chest, Katrina slowly maneuvered her way through the other girls, sensing their glaring eyes on her the entire time. They instantly assumed that she got the final spot and got accepted into the School of American Ballet, but judging by George's expressionless face, she begrudgingly presumed the opposite.

"Quickly," he scolded, causing her to quicken her steps until she joined him at the front of the stage.

The blinding lights and unblinking stares made it seem as though she had trouble breathing. Nonetheless, she gulped the large lump in her throat and awaited further instructions.

"Miss Salvatore, do you know why I called you up here?" He asked her.

She looked down at her pointe shoes as she softly answered, "You wish to send me home."

"While your alignment is good, you lack the proper form and strength necessary to be successful en pointe." His voice was loud enough to echo throughout the entire theatre.

Katrina's mood dropped entirely as the choreographer announced her flaws. She had a feeling that three years of ballet technique wasn't enough to get accepted to the school, but her friend thought otherwise.