The agreement

Deepti's POV

At the hospital, Atteh was taken to the ICU immediately. Sanjay sits on a nearby waiting chair while I called my mama (Sanjay's appa) and Sanjay's brother to come to the hospital. I also informed appa about the situation. I was sitting on the chair next to Sanjay while he literally looked devastated. I didn't know how to comfort him. Within an hour everyone arrived at the hospital.

Veer came running towards Sanjay and hugged him. Sanjay tightly holds his son in a hug. Then mama came and asked a bunch of questions and we answered him. Soon Appa also followed by amma came to the ICU and asked about atteh's condition.

For the past hour only nurses have been going in and out of the room with no updates.

After another hour of waiting came a doctor and asked for the next of kin and Sanjay stood up but mama said "wait here, I'll go" then mama followed the doctor to his room.

After a few minutes, mama came back and said "it was a mild attack. They are monitoring her closely. She will be prescribed medicine to be taken and continues check ups to be attended for her well being."
Mathan, Sanjay's younger brother asks "when can we see her appa?" "She is resting under sedatives, we can see once she's awake" mama says.

After a couple hours, a nurse came looking for us to inform us that atteh is awake and we can see her one by one. Sanjay goes first.

Sanjay's POV

In the ICU, "Amma?" Sanjay calls out. "Sanjay, what is this, when can I go home? I have to prepare for your wedding." She says.

She still is thinking about the wedding. Will she be ok, if I refuse again? Oh God! How I wish Meghna was here, she would know how to answer. With no other choice and regarding her health, he says "Soon Amma, once they're sure you're healthy enough to go home, we will take you. Until then you don't worry about anything we will take care of the wedding preparation. For now you rest peacefully." He squeezes his mother's hand.

At the mention of wedding preparation Sanjay's Amma, Kasturi gets happy that she grabs her son's face with both hands and with teary eyes she kisses his forehead. "Thank you" is all she could say at the moment.

Look how happy she is. At least for her sake I got to keep up with the charades. Sanjay simply smiles and says, "I'll call appa" and leaves as Kasturi nods.

Once outside the room he asks his father, Ramesh to go inside. Deepti's parents went to get food for the others.

I have to put an end to this!

He walks to Deepti who is sitting on a chair with her hands propped up on her knees to hold her head.

Why does she looks so tensed? I'm the one that's dieing here.

Veer comes running with Mathan, in hand a juice box. "Appa, look what cittappa got me" he says waving the drink.

Deepti looks up at the sound of Veer then turns the other way to see where Sanjay was, but she was startled that he was standing beside her.

"Mathan, take Veer for a while, go play with him in the playroom or take him home once appa comes out from amma's room. I have something to settle" Sanjay says as Mathan nods.

Sanjay saw that Deepti was watching him talk. He grabbed her hand and said, "you and I need to talk" he dragged her away without letting her speak.

Sanjay took Deepti to the rooftop of the hospital. There was no one around. This place is not known by most so it is pretty deserted.

Sanjay stops abruptly in the middle still holding Deepti's hands.

Deepti's POV

Deepti tried to pull her hands away, as it felt unnecessary, but Sanjay tightened his grip. "Ow, you're hurting me.." she whines.