Chapter 3

Imrans pov [12 years old]

It's been a long time now. I forgot how long. I've been living in a small abandoned house near a village. There was this nice lady who gave me food yesterday she gave me 2 loaf of bread I think with that I can last 3 weeks. I was walking towards the house. What will happen if I slap myself? I tried it it was unpleasant.

Suddenly I heard some noise I looked around for second. It was probably nothing. As I was thinking of that a hand grabbed me. "What are you doing here kid?" It was a Japanese soldier. Wait I remember him it was the person who wanted to kill me. Am I really going to die? "I remember you.." he said and I knew it I'm gonna die.... "Your that kid.. heh you didn't get far did you?" He was dragging me by the arm. I tried to pry myself out of his grip but it was too strong. As we turn a corner we saw a group of people. They noticed us the Japanese man seems to notice them too. His face changed. The group of people raised their guns. "Tembak!" [Shoot!] They fired their guns at the soldier and in a minute he is dead. The what I guessed is the leader walked towards the body as he got closer he noticed me. "A child?" The man blurted out. I saw their uniform and realized it was the Mpaja.. I found them finally! Celebrating inside while I just look at him. He sigh and just went towards me. "What did that man do to you kid?" He asked. I stayed silent for a while "he wanted to kill me.." he looked at the dead body and back at me. "Come with us".

I was happy. The long awaited Mpaja came to me. We are currently walking towards the base.it was nice one of them is carrying me how strong. I want to join them.

And I'll get back to mother.