chapter 4

Welcome to chapter 4!

Start of recap...

"No you can't ask us. You can only ask one of us."He says

"Mmm-hmm. It's in the rules. And I should warn you that one of us always tells the truth and one of us always lies. That's a rule too. He always lies." Says the right top shield.

Y/N smacks their forehead in annoyance. "They are both saying different things who do we trust" they ask Sarah.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

Sarah then speaks to left shield top "All right. Answer yes or no. Would he" she points to right shield top. "tell me that this door leads to the castle?" She asks him."Ahhhh..." the left sheild top whispers to bottom. Before turning back up to Sarah. " Yes?" He says.

"Then the other door leads to the castle and this door leads to certain death." Says the girl feeling proud of herself.

The Shields all 'oooh!'

"How do you know? He could be telling the truth." Says what sheild top

Sarah smiles and looks at the Shields "But then you wouldn't be. So if you told me that he said yes, I know the answer is no." She says

"But I could be telling the truth." Says Left shield top

"But then he would by lying. So if you told me that he said yes, I know the answer would still be no." Says the girl.

Y/N feels like their head is going to explode with all the information being thrown about.

"Wait a minute." Yells left shield top shutting Sarah up before turning to right shield top. "Is that right?" He asks

" I don't know. I've never understood it." Says Right shield top making them all laugh

Sarah shakes her head. "No, it's right. I figured it out. I could never do it before. I think I'm getting smarter." She says and starts going through right door. Making Y/N swear and catch up to her

" This is a piece of cake!" Says Sarah before she takes a few steps and falls through a trap in the floor with a scream, Y/Ns eyed widened "Sarah!" They yell.

Y/N kneels on the ground looking down into the dark hole for Sarah but the black haired girl was gone. They then stood back up and turned to the Shields. "Where did my sister go?" They ask them.

The two shields shrug their shoulders. "We don't know" they say, making Y/N groan and sit back down on the floor and put their legs down the hole, taking a deep breath they jump in holding their breath as they did.

As they jump it wasn't jsut a hole but a long Shaft leading down. Lots of hands line the walls of the shaft and they grab at and hold Y/N suspended. With Sarah below them, Different pairs of hands take turns speaking.

Y/N can hear Sarah's conversation with the hands, they don't think it ended well.

"Help! Stop it! Help!" Yells Sarah

"What do you mean 'help'? We are helping." Says the weird hand things on the wall.

"We're helping hands." Saysbone pair of hands making a face that talks.

"You're hurting me" Says Sarah moving around trying to get away from the hands holding her.

"Would you like us to let go?" Asks the hands.

"Well then, come on, which way?"

"Which way?" Askes Sarah

"Up or down?"

"Oh." Says Sarah her face thinking.

"Come on, come on." Says HANDS 2

"We haven't got all day." Says HANDS 1

"Well it's a big decision for her." Says Hands 3

"Which way do you want to go, hmm?" Asks HANDS 2

"Yes, which way?" Pushes hands 3

"Well, since I'm pointed that way I guess I'll go down." Sarah thinks before deciding

"She chose down!"

"She chose down? Ha!" Laughs the hands

Sarahs is now worried "Was that wrong?" She asks them but is being to fall.

Y/N hears Sarah scream. "Too late now!" Yell the hand as they drop Sarah down and she lands in a dark room, with Y/N coming down above her.

Sarah sitting in a dark room, an oubliette, a shaft of light coming out of the slammed door up above as Y/N comes sliding out and lands next to Sarah, the sibling then pulls Sarah towards them into a hug.

Sarah quickly hugged her sibling back tightly.

In the goblin castle with Jareth and Toby...

Jareth is sitting in his chair holding a crystal ball, looking at Sarah and Y/N as they two siblings hug each other. "They arw in the oubliette." He says as the goblins laugh.

"shut up! They shouldn't have gotten as far as the oubliette. They should have given up by now." He says still looking into the crystal ball.

"They will never give up now." Yells one of the goblins making Jareth look away from hus crystal ball.

"Won't they? The dwarf's about to lead then both back to the beginning. They'll soon give up when they realizes they have to start all over again. Ha ha ha.." he says laughing quietly.

The goblins are quiet, the goblin king looks at them and shrugs his shoudlers "Well, laugh!" He says and the goblins all laugh loudly in the castle.

Back in The oubliette...

Sarah and Y/N pull back the the hug as they heard a noise, the two stand up Y/N standing in front I'd Sarah protectively. "Who's there?" Asks Sarah.

"Me." Came a voice it was Hoggle the Dwarf lights a candle.

Sarahs eyes widened. "Oh it's you!" She exclaimed while Y/N stood ti the side not longer needing to protect Sarah.

Hoggle snorts at the two "Ah, yes, well I knew you were gonna get into trouble as soon as I met you so I've come to give you a hand." He says making the two look around the Oubliette they find themselves in..

"Oh, you're looking around now, aren't you? I suppose you noticed there ain't no doors. Only the hole. This is an oubliette. Labyrinth's full of 'em." Says Hoggle as the two humans stand up.

To be continued...

I hope you liked thus chapter!

Word count:1046