4

Hannah was alone for a few months, she was healing from Braylon, it was tough, she would sit on the bathroom floor and just cry, she would listen to sad songs on repeat and have her cousin send her voice messages on how boys aint shit to help her,

Eventually, though, she got over him, her hot girl summer wasn't turning out so hot, but that was okay. She didn't have Braylon in her life anymore which was good enough for her. Her and Alex still weren't talking, maybe once every month and that was mainly her fault. She was going out with her friends more and she wasn't on her phone as much, but she felt bad. Really bad.

One morning however, when she was getting ready to go to the DMV for her permit test, she got a text from him. Alex had decided to take a break from social media for a while, and asked for her number a while back, and she gave it to him so they were now communicating through Whatsapp. Hannah replied to him,

Alex: oh so now you answer you asshole

Hannah sighed, this was her fault, but she was determined to make it right.

After a bit of texting, she learned that Alex was in a bad place, a lot has happened to him, a lot of bad and because of that, Hannah promised she would be there for him till the very end. It was a promise that she was going to keep no matter what.

And so from that day forward, she and Alex started talking again, calling again, every day, eventually she told him about Braylon. Alex was upset, he was jealous, but he didn't lash out on her for it, which made Hannah feel so accepted, he truly was an amazing person. Hannah also did her best to help Alex with what he was going through, she told him she loved him, as a friend, and that she was there for him. Alex started saying it back and soon enough the two of them would say 'I love you' to each other daily, they weren't actually in love, but they loved each other as friends at the time.

The two were as close as they could be, and getting closer, he was her person, the person she would come to when she was upset, or happy. He was her person, and she hopes that she was was his person too.

Alex told her all those months ago when they talked before on Instagram, he did like her too, but never told her because he figured that wouldn't do any good considering they couldn't be together anyways, he told her that he made it obvious, but Hannah thought he needed to work on that. Although Alex didn't have any feelings for Hannah anymore because they spent so long apart, Hannah still had some for Alex, and the more the talked the stronger the feelings became. Alex, however, was only convincing himself he didn't like her, telling himself that he didn't, but Hannah was okay with that, even if he never ended up liking her again, that was okay, because she was still his friend, they were still talking and she was still there for him, that's all that mattered to her, being there for him.

Even though Alex tried not to like Hannah, the two of them still ended up doing things normal friends don't. They did things over the phone, flirted, talked about scenarios in which the other was naked. It wasn't very healthy, they were trying to be just friends but it was hard,

The two of them in general were very toxic, not in the horrible abusive sense, but in the sense in which they wouldn't want the other even looking at the opposite gender. Alex hated it when she talked to or about other guys, not that she really did, the guys she would tell him about were either gay or just fellow classmates, but he still hated it, and she found it adorable. She should've seen it as a red flag, it was a red flag, but it was one she loved because she was the exact same. Even when the two weren't talking, whenever she would think about him even glancing at another girl she would get jealous, she hated the idea of him with someone else, it physically hurt her.

Because of this, everyone she would talk to about Alex told her he was sketchy, she understood, he was someone she met online who lived in a different state, but she knew the truth. She knew what he was really like, how sweet he was, how caring and sensitive. He was only like that with her, he told her that she deserved it, and thats why she loved him.