20

4 Years ago

Hayeon POV

"Make yourself home Honey, can I call you that?" Sam's mother, Nuri, Smiled at me as I sat next to her son, across from her at the dining Table.

She wore a smile very similar to her son's.

I couldn't help but see Sam in her smile, her perfect teeth shining as her thin pink lips curled upwards, and her cheeks formed into soft buns.

The nickname made me a little shy, not many people call me by any nickname. I shyly nodded my head. 

 "You can call me Nuri, no need to get all formal with me" She laughed softly.

"Okay, Nuri "I addressed her with little hesitation. This was the first time I had ever called an elder by their name.

"Leave this damn thing for once" Nuri snatched the phone from Sam's hands as he was in the middle of texting someone.

Someone

"Mom?" he whined.

Nuri ended the conversation with a quick glare at her son.

Nuri, Sam's mother had prepared a variety of food for us. The table was filled with many colorful pots and side dishes.

Nuri placed his phone next to a spot blue pot in front of me, his upturned screen obvious to me.

 It kept on beeping due to the popping up of constant messages. I didn't want to ruin what his mother had prepared for us with so much love.

Even after I tried so much to not glance at his notification on the lock screen, knowing it will make me sick, my eyes landed on it as I was to press on -Do not disturb.

Coffee, I drank in the afternoon, shot back to my throat.

Lyraa<33

come over at night, I'll be waiting ;)

I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath as placed the phone back, screen down.

I could fill Sam's eyes boring into the side of my head as I picked up the napkin and placed it softly on my lap before picking another one and tucking I on my collar.

I slowly blinked my eyes, sore because of restraining tears and all the pressure and stress.

I sighed as I picked up another napkin and turned to Sam, handing it over to him, while making eye contact

His blue eyes didn't dilate anymore, they were not soft and welcoming as before.