Chapter 7

Creative Writing gave Virgil an annoying amount of time to think about how in the holy hell he was going to do this.

In short, he wanted to apologize to Roman for being a douchebag yesterday. Maybe not directly a douchebag, but he still felt somewhat guilty for seeming maybe ticked off.

So, again, how does is he going to do this?

And no! This doesn't mean he thinks of Roman as a friend, he just feels bad.

Patton assured him yesterday that it was fine and that Roman probably hadn't even noticed it, but Virgil being a common worrier, probably wasn't good enough for him.

Plus he wasn't exactly keen on the idea of guilt eating away at him.

During the aforementioned class, he had come up with some way to go up to Roman, pull him away from the others, and apologize.

It was simple, yet he still felt like he should think it over once, twice more.

Once the bell rung, Virgil would pull Roman to the side, right by the dip in structure between the lockers and the pillars that held the building up, say simply 'sorry for being an ass' and maybe explain himself slightly, depending on the taller's reaction.

That should be easy, right? Simple, yet he still thought he should go over every nook and cranny of him rehearsed apology. He's made a few before, some impromptu, other's on muscle memory of the one's he'd heard that weren't sarcastic or just for politeness.

Now that'd be ruder.

During the whole last 5 minutes of class all he could do was stare at the ticking clock, not focusing on the echoed sound it made but the surrounding sound while the clock hand ticked closer to the inevitable 12 on the clock.

He wanted to ditch the whole plan, but again, that'd be even worse.

So, once the loudest ring of the bell he's ever heard ringed through his ears, he all but jumped out of his skin.

Despite his love for horror movies, he hated the jump scares with all his heart and soul, they made him jump horribly.

He gathered all his items in his bag, almost bouncing with anxiety as he did.

Once he reached to pack his pencil case, Roman crouched down next to his chair, a smile on his lips, though it was a bit nervous.

"Uh, hey?" That wasn't to Virgil's plan for sure, so, now his plan was thrown to the side.

"Hey," Roman replied, barely any nervousness in it but some still leaking through "so, I wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out later?"

Virgil faltered for a second, incoherent babbles leaving him in one sentence for  seconds before he pulled himself together.

"I mean, sure?" He replied "why so suddenly though?"

"Not that it's bad, just asking" he added nervously.

Roman gave a wide smile, but it did continue faltering up and down at the corner while he laughed awkwardly.

"Well, I have no clue what the teacher is teaching, so, I thought-- since I don't know anyone else and the teacher doesn't seem like they'd want to tutor anyone, I'd ask you!"

Oh. Virgil's not really too sure how good of a tutor he'd be, especially since he only had a quarter of the notes written down and forgot the rest of it.

He understood what he needed to write when there was an assignment or homework or extra credit, but he's never tried to teach someone else what he knew.