Rogues and Scars

"Why would he be bringing all of the Avengers here?" Peter asked.

"I think he's trying to sew us back together, but it's sorta just here and there. You might run into Wilson around here at some point, unless they're running away again," Natasha replied casually.

"Wilson...?"

"The Falcon? Sam Wilson?"

"Not-Vulture guy? Oh, yeah, I know him." Peter furrowed his brows with irritation at the name. "I don't think he likes me much."

"I don't think it was personal," Natasha said, giving Peter his glass of water, though he didn't drink from it immediately, he just took it tenderly, and moved the glass around in circles to distract himself, watching as a mini whirlpool formed. He didn't even mind her watching him.

"I know, but it was still rude."

Natasha took in a breath, shifting her weight to her other foot. "And here I was, thinking maybe you'd forgiven us, from how you were defending us."

Peter looked away to hide the heat in his cheeks. "Well, um... I'm still sorta loyal to Mr. Stark--"

"Shouldn't you be calling him dad?"

His head whipped back around so fast one would be worried he would get whiplash. "You saw that?"

"Heard," she corrected. "I was around a corner. But yes, every word." She casually began sipping from her own glass he hadn't noticed she'd gotten, watching with a grin as he groaned in embarrassment and hid his face in his hands, the blush starting to burn all the way up to the tips of his ears. "It was pretty sweet."

"I thought we were alone!" Peter complained. "I never would've said those things if I didn't think we were alone!"

"Yeah, you might want to take that up with your aunt. She'll have to deal with the custody business anyway."

"The--what?"

"Custody." She was amused now, and doing little to hide it. "After what's happened, you really think Tony's not gonna wanna keep you closer? I've seen how he is with you. He is smitten--paternally."

"Sto-o-o-op," Peter groaned, "my ears are gonna start bleeding." In reality, he was overjoyed. Living with Tony would be.

So.

Freaking.

Awesome.

"Actually," a tense voice said, making Peter turn, "I was planning to tell him that, Natasha."

Tony.

Man, Peter was really getting sick of not having his spider-sense to tell him when someone came into the room.

The man didn't look mad, per se, more like he was irritated, and tense by her mere presence. Peter couldn't exactly blame him, mostly because she was a very intimidating person, and she was talking to Tony's... ward?

No, he was Peter.

Just Peter.

Oh, Tony was talking again.

"I believe I remember Ross stripping you of your access. How'd you get in?" he asked, jerking his chin at where Natasha was sipping her water again. He walked further into the room, before coming to stand slightly in front of Peter, who'd backed away from the counter a few steps and was now watching the exchange tensely.

"I was part of the KGB and the Red Room, Tony," she said calmly. "I'm not just another pretty face, y'know." Another, dainty sip.

"I know that, but why are you talking to Peter?"