25 - I have my leverage right here

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 25 (3x09)
Word Count: 3067

A/N: Sorry that I couldn't post this weekend, loves! I was in Wales for two days. But I'll try make it up to y'all with two chapters today! Here's the first one ❤️
-L xx

---

Cassidy stood, her fist shaking at her side, her knuckles turning white, as she glared at the man in front of her. The man who had woken up from a two-decade-long nap. The man who turned his children into what they were today. Mikael himself.

Her grip tightened on the dagger dipped in white ash. She wanted to drive it through Mikael's heart. It was just the two of them in the room, nothing was stopping her. The second she and Rebekah had returned home to find Liz at work and Caroline at the Lockwood's, Mikael was waiting outside for Rebekah. Cassidy had told her to head to the Salvatore's so she could deal with Mikael alone. It was just the two of them, on the porch of the Forbes household.

"You deserve to rot in hell for what you did to your family. Your own flesh and blood." Cassidy's words were ice cold, as was her stare. The fiery rage within her was burning her blood, her grip on the dagger tightening even more. "I should end you."

"Why don't you?" Mikael remained calm and collected, a small smirk on his face as he stared at Cassidy with squinted eyes as if studying her. "You are such an unfortunate young lady... to be forcibly bound to my pathetic children."

"You are just digging yourself a deeper grave there, buddy." Cassidy scoffed with a gentle shake of her head, seeing red. All red. Raging hot anger. Fury. Protectiveness. She had heard the stories of what that foul man had put Klaus through. And Elijah. And his entire family. Beating them until they passed out. Making their lives miserable. Cassidy now made it her mission to protect her mates from harm. Starting with ridding the world of the vile man that was Mikael. The vampire vampire hunter. The man with an ice cold heart made of stone.

"You cannot protect them forever. Sooner or later, they may not even need you any longer." Mikael cackled, and a sick laugh it was. "After all, how could a worthless witch with no real magic ever protect true immortals? They don't need protecting, and especially not from a little girl who can be crushed in an instant."

That was the last straw with Cassidy. She didn't even bother siphoning Mikael to death, she just ran at him with the dagger. Mikael didn't look scared, just amused as Cassidy went to plunge the dagger into Mikael's dead heart, until a hand grabbed Cassidy's, preventing her from doing so. Cassidy let out an annoyed groan, shoving the person off of her and turning to see that it was Damon.

"Seriously?!"

"You can't kill him, Cassidy. We need him." Damon announced. Cassidy, still looking annoyed, frowned in confusion.

"To help us kill Kl--"

"You seem to forget that this little witch is mated to my children. I suggest you watch what you say to her." Mikael warned. Damon must have realised what he was about to say and shut up. Cassidy's confusion only grew.

"Who are you killing? How could this lowlife help you?"

"Don't you worry your pretty little head. Just wait here and... go get dressed for Homecoming tonight or something. Curl your hair, put on lipstick, do whatever you need to do." During Damon's rambling, he subtly walked towards Mikael and vamp sped away with him once he's finished speaking.

Cassidy huffed, letting the dagger in her hand clatter to the ground.

---

Cassidy sat on her bed, now dressed up and all ready for Homecoming. She typed away on her phone, worry evident in her features.