𝟗.

IRON MAN 2
-
Washington, D.C

Y/N sat in the capital beside Pepper as they sat a couple rows behind Tony who was trying to say something to them but he was being called on. "Mr. Stark, could we pick up where we left off? Mr. Stark, Please." says Senator Stern.

"Yes, dear?" Tony responds.

"Can I have your attention?"

"Absolutely."

"Do you or do you not possess a specialized weapon?" the senator asks. "I do not." Tony says. "You do not?"

"I do not. Well it depends on how you define the word "weapon." Tony states. "The Iron Man weapon." Senator Stern mentions. "My device does not fit that description." Tony says.

"Well... How would you describe it?"

"I would describe it by defining it as what is, Senator." Tony says. "As?"

"It's a high-tech prosthesis." Tony explains and the others in the room laugh, except for Y/N and Pepper. "That is... That is... That's actually the most apt description I can make of it." Tony says. "It's a weapon. It's a weapon, Mr. Stark." Senator Stern says.

"Please, if your priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen..." Tony says but he gets interrupted. "My priority is to get the Iron Man weapon turned over to the people of the United States of America." says Senator Stern.

"Well, you can forget it. I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself, which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending on what state your in. You can't have it." Tony says and the others in the room laugh.

"Look, I'm no expert..." Senator Stern tells him.

"In prostitution? Of course not. You're a senator. Come on." Tony says and the room erupts in laughter while Tony turns around and looks back at Y/N and Pepper, he shakes his head and Pepper and Y/N do the same.

"I'm no expert in weapons. We have somebody here who is an expert on weapons. I'd now like to call Justin Hammer, our current primary weapons contractor." says Senator Stern. "Let the record reflect that I observed Mr. Hammer entering the chamber, and I am wondering if and when any actual expert will also be in attendance." Tony states and Justin laughs.

"Absolutely. I'm no expert. I defer you, Anthony. You're the wonder boy. Senator, if I may. I may well not be an expert, but you know who was the expert? Your dad. Howard Stark. Really a father to us all, and to the military-industrial age." Justin says.

"Where's he going with this?" Y/N whispers to Pepper. "Let's just be clear. He was no flower child. He was a lion. We all know why we're here. In the last six months, Anthony Stark has created a sword with untold possibilities. And yet he insists it's a shield. He asks us to trust him as we cower behind it. I wish I were comforted, Anthony, I really do. I'd love to leave my door unlocked when I leave the house, but this ain't Canada." Justin says.

"You know, we live in a world of grave threats, threats that Mr. Stark will not always be able to able to foresee. Thank you. God bless Iron Man. God bless America." Justin Hammer says and there was minute clapping. "That is well said, Mr. Hammer. The committee would like now like to invite Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes to the chamber." Senator Stern says.