The labyrinth

Judith opens her brittle crust closed eyes

Judith opens her brittle crust closed eyes. Old Sol shines warmth, like a wholesome goddess sits bare sweaty perfection upon her face. Bright dewdrop crystals twinkle in the definition of the perfectly mown dark green cushiony lawn. Humidity of calm notions surround her.

She lays on the ground. Can't feel such luscious grass on her back because she's swaddled in a tomb of soft blankets and sleeping bags which soak her in her own perspiration. Only her head's exposed to the calm wispy air. She's still a blurry daze. Wonders where her saving grace went. How long has she been like this?

Witnesses the world ahead of herself. Tips her chin up. Watches upside down toward the perfectly flat concrete and the pink and blue pastel. Streets and dollish houses.

Two people are in the distance. They move toward her. Holding hands. Swinging arms. One skips like a horny teenager. The other plays along. Awkwardly skips. The taller certainly watches the other intently. They seem happy. They seem as one in two. Hears one of them distantly say something. A snorty loud giggle comes out of the other.

Judith stops watching the likeness of living ghosts and relaxes her neck and head. Feels her toes. Wiggles digits. Smiles a little happiness to herself. Still in a bit of pain but doesn't hurt like she did. Warm even while marinating in her juices and flavours. No shivers. Just healing. So happy to be warm. Soaks in moist comfort. Ponders what Michael might think of this. He'd probably want to crawl in for a taste. Oh, how she would welcome him naked against her. Sculpture in her. He would be pleased to bathe himself in her. She would eat him up.

"Oh, my man. I hope you survived that motherfucker. I miss you so much...I miss you like the vampire dawn misses the dusk."

The gravity in Judith's lonely eyes tear. Drip down her fever cheeks. Sadness soothes. Body rejuvenates. Still finds dread discomfort in her older thoughts.

Her man may be dead. He may be a rabid monster. An enemy who must be put down. Thinks of a responsible certain motherfucker. Boils in anger. Collapses more of her numb mind ice barrier. David. David fucking Leonard. What she's going to do to that motherfucker goes without saying. There's no question. None at all.

Thinks she has two people to set herself forward upon. Terra and Michael. Feels exactly where she thinks she needs to be to go about finding them. Time to see what her barefoot girl Jane knows about the shit she's loin deep in.

Watches the two. Witnesses who the other person is with Jane. Long dark brown hair. Tanned complexion. Wears skin tight black patchwork pants and a black bra. Stands over Judith. Blocks out the sun.

"Rist?"

Rist and Terra were close in Judith's world, best of friends for sure. Judith thinks they're much more than that here. And recollecting back to their time in the Factory for a moment, the two of them together make perfect sense. Judith's happy these two have found each other.