21- Annoyance

It's already been two days here and Chase has been throwing the cold shoulder and not just at me but at everyone. I honestly don't know why. It can't be because of me when we both agreed we'd be friends so I'll have to figure it out.

I leave the hotel room and go downstairs to the dining room where they are serving breakfast. I walk up to Parker, who is stuffing his face with muffins and bagels.

"If you don't slow down, you will choke," I advise him.

"Leave me, I'm with my one true love" he kisses the top of the muffin before stuffing it into his mouth. I laugh and look over to see Levi talking to a girl. He finishes his conversation and walks over to me.

"Looks like Chase is the only one left then my job is done" I motion to the girl smiling at Levi.

"What can I say, I can only be without women for so long. Women are beautiful and when they know their worth, it makes them so much more worth chasing." he smiles back at the girl. "A true man would know that no matter size or looks, nothing will change the respect they deserve" he closes his eyes and puts his hand to his heart.

"What book did you get that from?" I laugh.

"I picked it up from this magazine in the lobby, now if you excuse me I need to go back," he says before going back to sit down in front of the girl with beautiful brown skin and plump lips. They look good together.

I look over at Chase talking to Ava and all I can do is roll my eyes. I'm not the jealous type but who am I kidding, everyone says that and it turns out I am the jealous type but only because he's my friend and she's manipulative.

Most of the students are eating breakfast so I get a little claustrophobic and leave to go back to the room. I decide to take a shower to take up my time and go through the day faster. I get in the shower and sing my heart out to Taylor Swift and Beyonce.

After 20 minutes, I get out and wrap myself in my towel. I leave the bathroom and run into Chase sitting on the bed, on his phone.

I turn back and hear him clear his throat.

"I was just leaving," he doesn't look at me and just leaves the room.

I was gonna say something but I let him walk out. I really need to break the tension between us. I get dressed and walk out to the balcony and see one of the hot tubs Parker was talking about. It's filled with clean water and has buttons on the side which I am guessing will make it bubble and light up. I'd have to try that soon.

Once I start to get cold outside, I go downstairs and see if the group is doing anything today. I walk up to Levi who waves goodbye to the girl he was talking to earlier.

"Hey, lover boy," I laugh at him.

"I have no shame," he smiles.

"What are you guys doing today," I question him.

"Going out to look at the town, wanna come?" he offers.

"Nah, I think I'll hang back and try the hot tub or something," I say.

"Suit yourself," he pats the top of my head and walks towards Chase.

I go back to my room after most of the students leave to go do whatever they plan on doing. I put on my bathing suit I packed and look in the mirror. I turn around and see the stupid scar across my back. I ignore it like I usually do and walk out to the hot tub.

I get in the hot tub and chill for about 20 minutes before my fingers start to prune up. I stand up from the hot tub forgetting how cold it is in the air and the water was the only thing keeping me warm. I also forgot my towel stupidly so I rush back into the water and quickly warm up again.

"Shit," I look around the hot tub for anything to wrap up in and run inside.

I see a towel rack in the corner of the deck and feel relieved. Thank goodness for this hotel's service. I hang over the tub and reach for the towel but they are too far to reach. I get annoyed and splash the water. I look into the window and see my phone on the bed dinging from a text.

I build up the courage and just jump out of the hot tub but just to my luck the door is locked. It wasn't this cold outside when I walked out here but I think the water is making it worse.

"Fuck!" I scream and run back into the hot tub before I get hypothermia.

How did this happen, the door can't just lock on its own. Or can it? I look into the back door and see and screen pad that says locked on it because of the timer that locks automatically at a certain time. I'm gonna cry but it's too freaking cold for tears to fall.

I turn up the heat on the hot tub and submerge under the water to my neck. I sit there facing the sky. If I wasn't freezing my ass off, I'd enjoy the view.

After what feels like 10 years was really about 2 hours, I hear a click from the door and I turn around quickly. I see Chase walk into the hotel room and take off his jacket. I wave my arms around frantically but he isn't facing my direction. I jump out of the water as if my life depended on it which it kind of did and I start banging on the door.

Chase turns around and raises an eyebrow at the sight of me in a bathing suit, dripping wet, and banging on the door. He paces toward the screen and presses the unlock button. He opens the door and leads me in. I rub my arms trying to warm up and stand on the mat by the door shaking. Chase goes to the bathroom and gets me a towel.

"Thanks," he wraps the towel around me as I jitter my teeth.

"What the hell happened," he looks confused.

"Long story," I walk towards the bathroom and close the door behind me.