33- Months

It's been about two months since I sent in my college applications. I haven't checked at all. Barely really thought about and I'm at peace with my decision. I've been happy but this will make or break it all. I go to my room and go to the college pages that I applied to. I click on the status for the first one which is Berkeley. This is the one I want to get into the most.

I refresh the page at least two times and wait for it to load. I close my eyes and prepare for whatever pops up on the screen. I hear a ding and open my eyes.

Congratulations!

As I read the acceptance page, I feel happier but Berkeley is in California and Princeton is in New Jersey. Chase is a girl magnet so I don't want to be paranoid while doing long distance. I won't let it bother me, we'll have that talk eventually. I send my confirmation for my spot at the school. I go downstairs to my dad.

"Guess who's going to Berkeley," I pop into the kitchen.

"Really!? I'm so proud of you," he showers me with kisses on my head.

"Okay okay," I laugh.

"Graduations this week," my dad reminds me.

"I know," I sigh.

"Don't tell me your gonna miss high school, you're the one who didn't want to go in the first place," he smiles.

"I kind of will, but not to the point where I'd try and build a time machine," I explain.

"I'm very proud of you, I have to go to a meeting so I'll see you later and I love you," he hugs me and leaves.

Once my dad leaves, I make my way to Chase's house to give him the news. I knock on the door and he opens it a few moments later. I kiss him and he lets me in.

"So, college," I start.

"Yea?" he invites me to sit on the couch.

"I got into Berkeley," I get to the point.

"That's amazing," he hugs me.

"Yea," I hug him back.

"But why do I get the sense you're not happy about it," he releases me from the hug.

"How is this gonna work out," I point between us.

"Ahh," he nods in understanding.

"So?" I try to get a clear answer.

"We don't have to do long distance if you don't want. I don't want to hold you back," he states.

"You wouldn't be, I just want to make sure we agree on one thing without breaking up just because of college," I look down.

"How about if we feel a disconnect, we stop? Obviously, I wouldn't be happy but I don't want to have something always in the back of our minds while we are over 1000 miles apart," he holds my hand.

"Okay," I nod.

"Now that's settled, can we celebrate?" Chase smiles.

"Yeah, sure," I agree.

We ended up inviting the guys over and drinking. A lot. I didn't really drink that much though. I think I was probably the soberest because I'm not supposed to drink on these meds.

I sit on the couch watching a movie while the guys play a game. Chase stumbles over and sits next to me.

"Hi," he slurs.

"Hello," I wave to him.

"You know you're really pretty right?" he smiles.

"Thank you, your smile is pretty," I smile back.

"Aww, really?" he pouts.

"Yes," I chuckle.

"Thank you," he kisses my cheek. I burst out laughing. "What?" he sits back.

"You're usually not this...gushy," I tell him.

"I should be. I feel nicer," he states.

"You are nice," I assure him.

"You're my girlfriend, you kinda have to say that," he looks at me with a 'duh' expression.

"True, but still. Remember when we first met? You helped me, you could've just walked away," I smile.

"You really know how to make someone feel better," he cheeses. I peck him on the lips and stand up.

"I should get going, get ready for graduation and all that," I walk around the couch.

"Okay," Chase follows me to the door.

"Don't go anywhere," I tell him.

"Alright," he nods and I walk to my car.

Hopefully, everything works out.