Chapter Seven

Eva was walking home later that evening with tears in her eyes because she couldn't understand what had just transpired: first, she and her mother had a big fight, and she was kicked out of the house. Then, she met a guy she thought was her soulmate, but he turned out to be a potential jerk for letting her believe he was in love with her at the time. Could she have believed?

That night, she reflected to herself, "How could I have been so stupid, letting this guy play me like a violin?"

Whether it's my mother, that stranger, or just myself, I just don't know who to trust anymore.

She realized that no one is any longer trustworthy, so she must enter and exit the building on her own.

Nothing was so simple.

She wrote in her journal at one o'clock in the morning, "When can I find this person who killed my father instead of blaming my mother?" while sitting on her bed in the guestroom.

I mean, I have gone through every handwritten note that ever existed in this town and still haven't found anything. I think my father's killer is also looking for something like this, so why bother looking now if this was always going to be his fate?

She awoke from her bed when she noticed a shadow walking down the hall. With the entire light on, she yelled, "Mom, mom, is that you?

"She walked out of the hallway without receiving a response. Someone was coming for her. Someone in a black coat was coming so quickly that she couldn't even look at the face, let alone if there was one. It was pretty obvious that it might have been a human, but she thought to herself, "Am I finally going to unmask the person who killed my father or am I going to keep on driving myself mentally insane for the time being?"

"You'll never find out, and if you do, it will be because I let you win," a whispered voice said.
CHAPTER EIGHT

Is it possible that when she awoke in the middle of an alleyway, she asked herself, "Who would have done this to me, who would have put me through that much pain and suffering?"

She was thinking, "THIS IS MY FATHER, I KNOW IT IS!" even though she had no idea who was after her.

She screamed, "SHOW YOURSELF, DAMNIT! " at the top of her lungs.

"That masked murderer finally revealed "itself" to her, and boy was she surprised. As her mouth was taped shut and her eyes were blinded by the chemicals, she just sat there in shock, and she thought to herself, "Who could be so selfish and so conniving that they would put me through all of this?

I mean, losing my father is bad enough, but it's even worse that his killer didn't come back fourth. What kind of person would do that?

"You think you can stop me but all it takes is one push of a button," the strange voice maniacally laughed at her. She didn't even know what that meant; she was so confused (yet again, her eyes did submerge in chemicals) that she kept yelling, "LET ME GO, LET ME GO!!!

I only want to understand the truth!

"I grew up poor," the voice said, "and all you wanted to do it was rub it in my face." She thought, "no, it couldn't be is that. That voice she heard from somewhere, but she couldn't quite picture. That voice sounded so familiar, but she couldn't put your finger on it...

Aliyah?

"Took you long enough, princess, you blaming everyone, even your mother, that they killed your father when all along it was me and my henchmen you see how conniving I can be and all I wanted to do was be you and have what you have but this is only half the truth my darling you don't think I've worked alone do you?" The Voice chuckled once more and then said, "took you long enough, princess, you blaming everyone, even your

You may have discovered me, but you haven't found the most disappointing member of my team—the MB team. Do you think the secrets are over yet?

Just ask your mother what she's been keeping to herself for all these years.