TWENTY THREE

Gia | 10:30am EST

"Gia!"

Turning the wheel of my Wrangler in the driveway of what used to be my mansion, I rolled down my window.

Nasir stood in the center of the driveway with a red FUBU hoodie on and matching joggers. A black durag tied around his temples with the flap rolled and tucked under the nape of his neck. The front door was cracked slightly and the children weren't in sight.

I slowly drove up to where he was standing and halted the car by putting its gear in park. Nasir walked over to my side of the car where the window was rolled down.

"I've been calling you all weekend, Ma." Nasir's accent thickening the more he spoke.

"Where the hell you been?" He furrowed his perfectly arched brows at me, waiting for an answer that wasn't owed to him.

"Out." I uttered with an attitude. I pointed behind me where the empty car seats were.

"Our babies?" I asked in regards to where they were.

"They're sleeping." He pointed behind him, where the mansion stood tall.

Nasir leaned his forearm against the door frame, sticking his head inside of my Jeep.

"You gon' talk to me in the car or you want to come inside where it's warm at?"

He licked his bottom lip as he stared into my eyes. I sighed as I turned the engine off, tossing the keys inside of my Hermes bag.

Nasir opened my car door for me, extending his left hand to support me out of the Wrangler.

"Watch your step." He said as he held the small of my back while shutting the car door behind me.

We walked together slowly over the black ice, making sure we didn't fall down together. He pushed my back as I stepped upward towards the front door.

I stepped foot inside of the mansion. Our picture, the one where he was holding my breasts, still hanging over the fireplace. Not much as changed except for rolling papers laying on the counter tops in the kitchen.

He shut and locked the front door as I slipped out of my boots. He tapped my shoulders before I turned around to face him.

"Let me hang your coat up." He helped me pull my arm out of the fox fur. He took the coat from me as he hung it over a metal wired hanger by the front door, where the coat closet was.

"Thank you." I said as I adjusted my brown, tie-wrapped sweater. Tightening the bow on the side of my waist. My breasts were spilling out of my top. I adjusted them back in. I wasn't sure why I wore this out.

Maybe it was to give Tyler a final peep before I dropped him off at the airport this morning. But regardless, I wasn't expecting to come inside of the house. That was the LAST thing I wanted him to see. Especially at time like this.

"So, what's up? What you want to talk about?" I asked him as I stepped on the marble tiling. Scanning the living room area as if I were looking for something to be out of place. I couldn't find it.

"We got to talk about us." Nasir said closely as he followed right behind me. I didn't plan to stay inside too much longer. I just wanted to hear what he had to say, get the kids and go home.

"This divorce shit is all in the media." Nasir said as he leaned against the wall, behind the glass dining table. He stood firm in his stance and wanted to face me.

His eyes drifted from mine to my cleavage, then back to my eyes.

"Look, Giana." He said before licking his lips once more.