Chapter 5

PAUL 

I walked threw the woods in my camouflage suit. I slowly creept behind a tree when I heard something move nearby. I put my gun in its proper position in case I needed to fire. A breeze swept by my nose from the early morning air. After awhile i slowly walked behind another tree. I loved hunting in the morning, it was my passion. I continued to walk from tree to tree when I heard another sound. I bent down behind a tree with my gun sturdy. I kept watching. I started to fire when I spotted something on the ground. I slowly walked closer to the object on the ground.

I saw it move a little. As I got closer I noticed it wasn't an animal, it was a human. When I approached the person. I quickly knelled over and and studied her face. She looked weak and sick, like she hadn't eaten in days. Her eyes were closed but she still tried to move. I held her hand and tried to awaken her. She made low weak sounds as if she was trying to speak but too weak to.

Not knowing what else to do, I picked her up and carried her out of the woods to my truck. She was so light, I didn't have any trouble. As I carried her one of her eyes creept open. "ma"am?" I tried to get he attention. I could tell she heard me from the way her eye studied me. Again she moaned making a little sound. It was like she was in pain, like she had ran out of energy.

When I got to my truck I opened the door and laid her on the front seat. I then got my bottle of water and a towel from the back seat. I poor some water on the small towel and rubbed it on her forehead. I thought maybe she just had got hott and fainted. She responded a little by moving her head and frowning from the coldness of the towel. "Hello, ma'am? helloo?" I called out. She opened her eyes and looked around like she was confused. 

I spoke to her again. "Hello ma'am. are you OK?" She didn't responds, she still looked around, at me then out the window. You could tell now that she could now clearly see. She bucked her eyes out the window. Then finally she spoke. "He's coming!, He's coming" She screamed. Confused, I looked at her and asked who. She pointed out the window to a man walking through the woods with a shotgun in his hands. "Please don't let him take me! she pleaded I quickly got back into the truck and cranked it up. When the man heard the sound of my truck, he looked up at us and started running towards us. When he recognized the girl in the front seat he loaded his gun and aimed at us. 

He shot my door and missed us. I turned the truck around slinging it trying to get away from the mans aim. He shot again in the back of my truck. Now we drove off on the road leading us into town. Still speeding down the road i looked over at her and asked "Who the hell was he?" I asked nervously. 

She explained to me "His name is Joe. He kidnapped me and some more girls and hostage us inside his basement. He would rap us and beat us-- " She stopped and announced " We have to quickly get to the police and tell them , There's other girls back there inside his basement. Now that im gone he'd probably try to kill them all.' I obeyed and speeded down to the police station

Almost pulling up to the police station. I looked over at the girl. She leaded over as if she was weak. Her eyes were almost closed and she took breathes as if they were hard to inhale. "Are you okay?" I asked her pulling up at the police station. She slowly looked over at me, about to speak. Before she could I was pulling off on my way to the hospital. "What are you doing?" She asked. I explained to her that I need to get her to the hospital first and I'd call the police and give them directions to the mans house later.

On our way to the hospital she still breathed heavily and struggled to take breathes. I speeded up running lights and stop signs. Cars got out our way and blew their horn at us. Finally we made it to the hospital, I quickly got out and went over to her door and carried her inside. 

The nurses and doctors rushed over to me after I announced this was an emergency. They asked questions and the girl struggled to answer them. They quickly got her into a room after they learned how sick and weak she was. They didn't let me go into the room with her, they told me I would have to wait until they called me inside.

I sat in the waiting room for about 20 minutes before I remembered we needed to call the police. Pulling my cell phone out, the nurse returned to the waiting area rushing in to tell me the news. I stood up and meet her anxious to hear what she had to say. "Hello my name is nurse Carla, and i will be helping take care of your wife." I didn't interrupt her to tell her I had just met her and wasn't her husband. She continued talking.

"We put her on a breathing machine to help her breath. She has lung problems that's why shes having trouble breathing." The nurse explained. "She hasn't been getting enough nutrients. She can hardly move she's so weak, we're giving her vitamins to help her regain her strength. Those would help her get to moving and talking before you know it" She explained. "We also found something else." she said. I leaded over to indicate I was still listening. "She's pregnant." Nurse Carla announced.