Chapter 8: Death or Treat?

Narrative Pov.

After the story of Lana's werewolf heritage was finished, all Y/N could do was sit there and comfort her, constantly telling her that even though she was a monster on the inside, she wasn't one on the outside, which is true. Lana's human side is entirely different from her inner demon, outer Lana is a gentle soul who cared about everyone especially Y/N all her life, she was always there for him as much as he was there for her, and she still loved him even though she was a popular socialite and Y/N was the quiet kid in school that was rarely seen with his friends or anyone else, in general, all the while having the prognostication that Lana would dump him for some other guy, which thankfully never happened as Lana was correct in the moral sense that she can't just abandon her best friend and soon-to-be boyfriend, and she was lucky to still have Y/N by her side. Anyone with a sensible mind would have left Lana all by herself if they were to find out what she was, but not Y/N, which is a miracle because Y/N is a rare find to not abandon someone simply for being different from normal people, literally. Right now, after spending the day together like an ordinary couple and coming back from watching a horror movie about a werewolf at the movie theater in town, Y/N and Lana are giving out candy to the trick-or-treaters passing by.

Lana's Pov.

"Coming!" I exclaim as I grab the bowl of candy and rush to the door, careful not to trample since I was wearing a pair of bunny slippers.

"Trick or treat!" A girl with a red hood in a 16th-century dress exclaims, holding a picnic basket in front of her. "Aww! Honey, that's an adorable costume! Little red riding hood, right?" I ask, trying to make it seem like I was the grandma of the fairy tale. "Yep! I rather not stay for too long ma'am, the big bad wolf could be stalking about! She could be right in front of me at this very moment!" She said in a panoramic voice, and I found it adorable how she was trying to recreate her character. "Oh right! Here you go, dear!" I reach into the bowl and grab a heap of candy and toss it into her basket, and her eyes glimmered as she looked at the various types of candy in her basket. We didn't want to be that one house that offers off-brand candy so we went all out with the candy this year.

"Thank you, ma'am! Nice rabbit costume by the way!" She exclaimed, offering me a wave as she walked away. "Ah, Halloween! The only time where I can enjoy myself for being a beast underneath." I giggle to myself, walking back into the house and closing the door, quickly noticing Y/N snacking on the other bowl of candy, he stopped when he noticed me at the doorway with a disappointed stare. "Seriously?" I ask, pinching the bridge of my nose as I couldn't understand why I trusted him with the candy bowl.

Y/N's Pov.

While Lana was occupied handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters, I was in the living room sitting on my recliner tearing wrappers off of candy and eating them. I was eating away at the candy but a few seconds after tearing open a snickers bar and eating it, I felt someone was watching me, and I didn't know where it was coming from.

"Ah!" I gasp, seeing Lana standing at the doorway of the living room looking at me with a disgruntled gaze, "I thought you said you wouldn't eat the candy." She growled, and I could swear I saw her teeth turn into canines for a second, and her growl sounded feral enough that she could have transformed into a werewolf at any second. "I said I wouldn't, but I also did say that I can't guarantee that I wouldn't," I said and she roared at me, her irises flashing red for a bit. "Okay! I'm sorry! I'll...take the trash out okay?! Will that make you happy?!" I ask, placing the bowl on the couch on the side and rushing into the kitchen, closing the door to avoid letting her get in. "Aaaah!!" I scream when I heard her knock on the door, followed by a giggle, "Thanks, sweetie!" She said in a lovely voice, but no doubt I could hear the smugness in her voice. "Man, fuck!" I mumble, grabbing the bag from the trash and tying it up, and dragging it outside.