Chapter 3: The Wolf That Cried Tears

Y/N's Pov.

Since the werewolf lady hasn't tried to attack me, not yet anyway, I decided for the both of us to try to sit down and talk, seeing as we were both finally not trying to kill each other and we were acting like civilized people. "So, what's your name?" I ask her while sitting on the counter of the gas station and eating a bag of chips I swiped from the isles. "How can I trust you won't tip me off to the sheriff?" She retorts, taking a loud sip from her Monster energy drink. "Good point! Forget I asked!" I said, admitting that I can understand her hesitance since she would prefer to keep herself in the shadows. "Still, how did you become a werewolf? I mean, you're not an anthropomorphic creature from another world, so why are you a werewolf?" I ask her and she giggled a little at the anthro joke.

"What? Did you think I was a furry or something?" She asks, and I just shake my head, "What? No! I just thought that since you're a human and not some anthro from another world, I thought that you might just be a werewolf!" I said, my heart still pounding at the thought that I was standing this close to a mythical creature that could tear me to shreds if she wanted to.

"Yeah, I'm a werewolf. I'd tell you how but I don't feel like it." She said, finishing her Monster energy drink, crushing the can, and throwing it behind the counter. "But, why?" I ask her and she turned to me confused, "Why what?" She asks and I jump off of the counter, throwing my chips on the ground. "Why did you kill so many people? Was it out of hunger or did you just kill because you felt like you could just because you're stronger than everyone?" I ask her, crossing my arms as I stand tall, trying to be the bigger person here even though she's the one who can kill me with a single slash across my face.

She seemed a bit startled as she backed away from me when I raised my voice, holding her arm nervously as she looked to the side trying to avoid my gaze,

"I just... Okay, I'll level with you. It wasn't exactly me who was killing those people, it was the werewolf itself that killed them. My consciousness goes to "Sleep" so I don't recall any of the people I killed, and right now you're lucky you're breathing and standing here talking to me." She said, and I seemed a bit shaken knowing that she was asleep during the whole thing, which sort of explains why she was scared of me at the start, I guess her human side must be sensible while her werewolf half must be a vicious savage.

"So, you're not in total control of your inner beast, am I right?" I ask her, wanting to make sure and she confirmed it with a slight nod. "Yeah, but, well, I'll explain everything back at your place." She said, beginning to walk out of the gas station and strolling over to the passenger side of my cruiser. "M-my place? Why mine? Don't you have one of your own?" I ask her, not fully comfortable with having another woman at my house, especially if Lana is there. "I don't have one, plus, don't you want to know who I am?" She asks with a smug eyebrow raised because of the moral code of being an officer of the law, I can't let her stay here without anyone to watch over her, even though she's capable of protecting herself, although that protection won't be going on for long since I'm pretty sure her human half is weak unlike her werewolf half.

"Fine, but we're gonna have to sneak around the back! Understood? I can't let my neighbors see me walking into my own house with a werewolf trailing behind me like she's an everyday out-of-town guest!" I said and she just giggled at my description. "Laugh all you want lady but by the end of this night, we're gonna get to the bottom of this!" I said, climbing into my driver's seat and turning the ignition on. "Thank god we took care of those cameras." She said and I felt guilty, knowing I erased incriminating evidence by destroying the cameras and stealing the tape. "Well, we can't exactly let anyone know I'm involved with a werewolf." I said with an obnoxious eye roll as I pulled out of the gas station's parking lot and sped off to my house, specifically behind it. "You make me sound like a no-good criminal~." She giggles with a seductive stare which creeped me out because this woman was a deviant, "Lady, if you so much as try anything funny, I'm putting your ass in the back, handcuffs included, and I don't give a shit if you're a werewolf, I am not about to go behind my girlfriend's back and throw myself off into a werewolf's arms. She's the most beautiful woman I know and I love her too much to ever do such a thing like that behind her back!!" I shout, jostling at the thought I was getting hit on by a fucking werewolf.