فتاة احلامي || the girl of my dream

Sarah POV

Nothing has changed, just as I expected. Two months have already passed without us meeting or even speaking. The publishing house hasn't contacted me again. Maybe I had a little hope that he might contact them and tell them that our stories were different and that I never stole his work, but obviously, he didn't.

December arrived, and the cold intensified. It was my favorite month of the year. I had forgotten what had happened over the past three months, or maybe I was just lying to myself, trying to forget. One night, I heard a soft knock on my room door. Bella was asleep, and I had gotten used to stay up late, drawing those imaginary characters in my mind, trying to continue writing the story, hoping one day to find another way to prove myself.

I approached the door and opened it. There was a small box. I took the gift and went back into the room. It had my name on it, so I didn't hesitate to open it. Inside, I found a letter and felt a thrill as I read it.

"I am waiting for you in the piano room to talk."

Those were the words in the letter, along with a piece of cake that made my heart race. It was always his way. Even though I would have refused the offer, because he was the one who invited me, I couldn't resist and left my room, heading towards the piano room at the end of the hallway.

I knocked on the door quietly, and he opened it. I couldn't see his face because of the darkness that filled the room. The smell of cigarettes was the first thing that hit me.

"About the story, I've found a solution," he said as he approached the piano and sat on the bench, as if he was getting ready to play.

"So? What's the solution?" I asked.

"Your story will be published. I told the publisher that we don't know each other and that you didn't steal anything. I explained what happened, and he believed me. The story will be published as soon as possible, maybe in March."

"Why March specifically?"

"Because it was supposed to be the time for my work to be published, but I withdrew it."

"Because of me?"

"No, I just feel like I don't have any more ideas for my novels, and I'm tired of writing and drawing."

"Alright then, I'll go to the publishing house tomorrow to confirm that," I replied. I turned to put my hand on the door handle to leave, but his words stopped me, shocking me.

"I read your novel."

"My novel? You mean the one similar to yours?"

"Yes, they are really similar, but there are many differences. I admit that I am afraid of it now. Ah, it doesn't matter, but it's really good, maybe even better than my story. I wonder why you chose William as the main character?"

"Because I like him. He's more than just a fictional character to me," I said. He approached me and looked into my eyes.

"I'll tell you my story then. Isabella was the main character. The reason I chose her is that I really loved her. I made her the girl I always waited for but never found. I hate to say it, but she was that emotional side of me, even though I'm not a person who likes emotions. Daniel was a reflection of myself. I always loved living inside that story, and I narrated what happened to me throughout my life in an indirect way through that novel. It wouldn't be a coincidence that you wrote the same story, and William must have been the person you always loved, right?"

"But I'm not a princess from space who came to rescue that boy from his loneliness."

"Maybe, but I didn't like the character of William because, in a way, he resembles Daniel. He had white skin, curly hair, and emerald eyes, just like him."