Betrayal|| خيانة

Harry POV

March 1st

"I've prepared breakfast, Sarah. Come on, let's eat together before going to the university," Bella said as I sat at my desk, writing some chapters of a new novel. It was another novel I had started writing a week ago, after I decided to reject the opportunity to publish my previous work. I had suddenly decided to delete that old novel and not let anything related to that boy remain.

Thus ended the story of Daniel and Isabella. Maybe I had to write the final chapter before burying the novel far away in the forest. The ending was Daniel's demise and death, and Isabella continued her life in sorrow after deciding to bury her love for Daniel in a marriage she had always sought to avoid.

"I'm not hungry. I'll head to the university first," I said, starting to gather my things to leave.

"Wait, Sarah... You're not sad, are you? We've all been through that experience. You're not the only one with a broken heart," she said, trying to comfort me. I brushed her hand off my shoulder and looked into her eyes.

"I'm not sad, Bella. I never cared about what happened. It was like a dream, and I've finally woken up."

"What happened to that novel? I don't see it on the shelf anymore."

"I buried it far away."

"You were about to make a lot of money from it. You shouldn't have gotten rid of it that way."

"I'm late. See you later."

Harry POV

I finished smoking the last cigarette and tossed it on the ground before pushing open his office door and entering without knocking. As usual, Jackson was flirting with a girl in his office, thinking I wouldn't be able to enter since he had locked the door, forgetting that I had a spare key.

"I'll come by tonight for dinner," he said as the girl left his office, always seeming to dislike seeing me for some reason I didn't understand. Girls usually preferred Jackson.

"I have a great book for you. I found it in my office this morning," he said, pulling out a book from his desk drawer.

"You know I hate reading books."

"Oh, I thought all novelists loved to read."

"I'm not a novelist, and I don't like reading. You said we should meet for work, and I'm here to do just that," I said, checking my phone. As I expected, she still hadn't called me. I always thought I was the most stubborn person, but she proves me wrong.

"Regarding Mr. Robin, I noticed something suspicious in his case. We need to cooperate with the police to solve the problem. The case has become more complicated. It's exciting, isn't it? I know you love this kind of investigation. I'm thinking of making you his lawyer. What do you think? ... Are you listening? You must be lost in thought about the case."

"Ah, yes, of course, I'd love that. Just send me the details. I'll study the case alone; I don't want other parties involved. If that's all, I'll leave now."

"Wait, we've talked about the university, and thanks to you, we solved the case. But I feel like something has changed. What happened during the mission, Harry?"

"Nothing. I haven't changed. Maybe it's just been a long time since we last met, so you feel I've changed. I'm still the same arrogant and selfish guy you always knew. Maybe those traits were confirmed after that mission."

"I don't see you as selfish. You've done a lot of good things. Look at the bright side. At least you helped that girl, and thanks to you, her tormentor was punished. You're the best lawyer here."