Him

August 14th, 2014. My 16th birthday. The day that will change my life forever.

...

I woke up to the sound of my mother at my door.

"Get up Mr. man!" She said.

"Mom... I'm 16 not 18." I said, then chuckled.

"I know, but the closer you are to being 18, the closer you are to leaving." She said jokingly.

We both laughed a little. Then she continued,

"I made you breakfasts, be down in 5 or your sister is gonna eat it."

"Will do Mom" I answered.

I made my way out of  bed then to my curtains. I opened them to see that the house next door had a sold sign on the what used to be, for sale sign.

"That house has been for sale for 5 years, who would want to buy that crummy old thing." I said to myself

I walked over to my dresser to get a fresh pair of clothes. Then I heard a slight squeaky sound of a truck hitting its breaks. I ran over the window to see exactly what it was. It was a huge moving van. The door to the van opened, and my heart flew through the roof. The boy that stepped out of that van was like an angel. I had to pinch myself just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I quickly slapped myself out of a trance.

"James Williams Cunningham, you are not gay!" I whispered to myself.

I couldn't help but look back at him. Our eyes made contact and I dropped so he wouldn't see me.

"Shit!" I yelled, them covered my mouth

I crawled my way to the bathroom and shut the door. I laughed a little on how stupid the thought of me likeing a boy. It just wasn't possible. I got up and kept chuckling at the thought of it. I got dressed and made my way downstairs.

"What took you so long?" my mom said to me.

"I couldn't find any clothes to wear." I lied.

"Hmm... Alright." She said questionably.

I sat down and began to eat my breakfast.

"Are your eggs good?" mom asked me.

I looked out our window in the kitchen and began to day dream about that boy. Him!

My mom snapped her fingers in front of my face, and snapped me out of a daze.

"Huh... What?" I replied confused.

"Are your eggs good?" she said with a slight confusion on her voice.

"Delicious!" I replied with a mouth full of eggs.

Shelby begins to laugh hysterically which made us all laugh. We sat in the kitchen all eating our breakfast and chatting.

"Have any plans for the day?" My dad asked me while sipping on his coffee.

"Nope!" I replied confidently. "Just gonna relax today."

"But it's your big day?" He replied

"I know, that's why I want to relax"

"Alright, I guess because it's your day, you can do what you want."

...

(Later that day)

...

I haven't been able to stop thinking about him all day. That boy. The boy next door.

...