What am I thinking?

I can't stop thinking about this boy. I don't know what to do. Wait. No. No. No. James Michael Cunningham. No. You are not a fag! This can't be. No. I need to talk to Dad about this he'll know what I should do to get rid of this! Dad knows everything. But wait... He can't know about this. If Mom or Dad found out about me they would kick me out. Say they don't love me anymore, that I'm an abomination. I can't. No!

...a week later...

"Honey!"

I hear my mom calling me down. But for what? Hmmm... I jump out of bed and walk to my door, take a deep breath, then opened it. I look down and see my mother and father sitting at the table. The looks on their faces made me really worried. They haven't both been sitting at the dinning room table with that look on there faces since I had ' the birds and the bees' talk way back in sixth grade.

"Come son, sit down." my dad says, gesturing me to sit down.

"We've been meaning to talk to you about something ever since Dale moved on next door," my mother says.

I begin to shake. What are they going to say? Can they see that I like him? Wait... no I don't him! Remember you're not a fag! If they ask a silly question like that you know what to answer. NO. You go to hell for liking the same sex. Yeah! That's what I'll say.

"You know you can tell us anything right?" my father asks me.

"Yeah, I know Dad," I reply.

"Ok. That's all we needed." my mother says.

"Really?" I ask with a confused look on my face.

"Yup. That's it," mom continuos.

"Oh, alright..." I say still with a confused look on my face.

It gets silent for a second.

"Can I go for a walk?" I ask. It sounded like a yelled from how silent it was.

"Sure son." my father replies.

I make my way to the door, get my shoes o, and walked out. I don't know where I'm going but I'm just gonna walk.

I glance over and see Dale. He smiles. Gosh his smile makes the stars in the night sky seem dull. I look away.

"Hey, James!" he yells trying to get my attention.

I continue walking, not replying to him. I feel like such a dick for not saying hi back.

I start to hear the sound of foot steps, then a hand on shoulder.

"Dude, are you deaf? I said hey." he says with a little tone in his voice.

"Yeah. Sorry I'm just a little moody today." I reply.

" Oh I see, It's that time of the month again isn't it?" he asks joking-ly.

"Shut up." I said giving him a little p
Punch on the shoulder.

"Owww... man that really hurt!"

he bends over, grabbing his shoulder in pain.

"Aw dude I'm sorry, I didn't mean to punch you that hard. I guess I don't know my own strength."

he starts to laugh. I look at him confused.

"Gotcha!" he says continuing to laugh. "Man you should have seen the look on your face!"

"Aw dude I'm sorry..." he says mocking me.

We both stand there and laugh a little.

"Anyways. Where you headed?" Dale asks me.

"I don't know to be honest. Just walking." I answer.

"Mind if I join?"

"Sure why not?" I chuckle.

"So how have you been this past week? I haven't seen you."

"Pretty boring. Sat in my room all day and did nothing for a week."

"Dude, I'm right next door. If you're bored come over. I'm sure we can find something to do." he gives me a subtle wink.

Not really sure why he winked but I kinda liked it.

"I'm sure we could." I replied, not really sure knowing what else to say.

Silence breaks out. We keep walking for what seems forever then out of nowhere he stops in his path, turns to me, looks me straight in the eyes and says,

"I need to tell you something."